DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Ram 1500, when I go to fill up it will work for about 10 seconds then the pump will click like its filled up. I have to move the nozzle around just to get it going again but then another 10 seconds and it will shut off again. I have to keep finding the G-Spot to even put gas in. It takes about 15 minutes to put in 30 dollars. Anyone know how to fix this or has anyone had this happen to their Ram?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have to keep finding the G-Spot to even put gas in. It takes about 15 minutes to put in 30 dollars.
This is the best analogy I've heard for this problem EVER! :LOL:

It only takes $30 to fill your RAM?! I wish I could get away from the pump for less than $50-$60!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts

It only takes $30 to fill your RAM?! I wish I could get away from the pump for less than $50-$60!!!!
$50-60 try living in canada $95-100.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

HELLLLL NO. It takes me $60 to fill up. But I'm not gonna fill up at one time. I don't feel like sitting at the gas station for a half-hour in this cold-ass weather, just to get a full tank. Lol I usually get around a quarter tank to a half tank everytime I put gas in. But back to the point, anybody know how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
gas pump shuts off after 10 sec.

Mine does it but only in the winter. I took it to the dealer and they said something in the gas tank was bad and I would need a whole new tank and it would only cost $700.00. Some kind of vent was messed up. So for now I fill up a few 6 gal. gas cans and pour it into my gas tank that way. As long as the gas goes in slow it works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.