DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been running chevron for decades without any thought to it. for convienience I have run shell as there is a station around the corner, right at the freeway. on longer trips I swear I get better mileage with shell. any thought, studies or personal experience on this?

·
Banned
186 Posts
I have noticed a difference in gas mileage with different stations. Unfortunetly for me in northern ontario there are more no name gas stations then brand name. But recently I have noticed if I run the truck on 91 all the time even with my predator in 87 octane tune I get a huge increase in gas mileage on long trips. I went from averaging 14.9l per 100km to 12.1l per 100km

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I'll usually use Chevron, but that is because it's the station closest to the house, and is on the way to where ever I happen to be going. I also frequently use Valero, and occasionally Exxon

Exco

·
Registered
471 Posts
i use shell mainly because theres a ton of stations in my area not to mention one about a mile away. they had a deal goin there where if bought a gift card they gave ya 7 cents off a gallon however they ended that once the gas prices went sky high. i used enmark once in a different vehicle and it ran like crap so i stick with shell. as far as mpg goes i cant be certain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts