DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked through the forums and have not found my issue so here it is...2000 Ram 1500 5.2, truck is running fine except the oil pressure and fuel gauges have gone crazy. One minute fuel is empty and oil is at 110 lbs. then the fuel is full and 0 oil pressure. Back and forth all day, then will read true for awhile then go nuts again. My tranny guy put her on the computer and the PCM is reading pressure changes where there are no changes. He told us to check all the grounds and if they are all ok it may be a bad PCM.
If it is a bad PCM can I swap it for the PCM in my '99 Ram 1500 5.2 that I totaled back in October or do I need a new/reman one?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
With gauges flipping back and forth like that I would undo and reseat all electrical grounds that you can find and after that if it is not resolved I would start disconnecting your electrical plug and use a contact cleaner and reseat the plugs. My bet would be on grounds and I would rough up the ground surface and use some conductive grease and reseat the grounds.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
also check the flexable printed curcit board on the back of cluster. They can dry out and become brittle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts