DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
probably a dumb question but if one were to get a gauge pod what would be the more useful gauges to get for a hemi?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
It depends on the level of modifications and use.

Useful gauges for stock: A/FR
Useful gauges for towing are an Air/Fuel Ratio & tranny temp
Useful gauge for racing are A/FR, fuel rail pressure, then nitrous pressures/boost, etc for whatever set up you're running

If you're interested in looking at most of the OBDII readings, then either the AI scan gauge or a Trinity.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i have a few mods done,i will be adding LT headers and a TB from the fastman too, will hopefully get it on the 1/4 mile this summer, probably dont need the AI Scan Gauge....yet as i probably wont understand half the stuff it provides, i waanna put a gauge pod in the cab..kinda cool looking, figured id get some opinions on the ones that would be more usefull to my set up.

what color gauges do yas like better?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
simpest an most important is a/f wideband an tranny temp...like Kay says, if you ge the IA one it will show that an a bunch more out of a single or dual guage..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Trans temp, A/F mixture gauge and exhaust temp is a good one to fill out a pod. If you want a 4th, could always go with a clock.... lol. Otherwise, just for gun, get a boost guage and wire it up to something that ties into the accelerator somehow and goes up when you accelerate, obviously just for looks and wow factor for any buddies in the car. Could also do the same with NOS. LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts