DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 1500 with 5.7 hemi. is there a tag anywhere on the truck that will tell me what the gear ratio is so I can determine towing capabilities

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
The tag has probably warn off, washed off, blown off or something. You can look on your rear diff and see if there is a tag still there. If not, go to this website and request a build sheet on your truck. It's free and they usually email it to you within the next day or two.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
In 2007, they may still have been using the metal tag
it will have been on a bolt that holds on the rear differential cover, usually up towards the top.
Some people didn't know what it was for & tossed them away

requesting a build sheet will give you everything about your own vehicle, imagine a window sticker on steroids

new Rams have something like this

·
8,070 Posts

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Use this link and just put your VIN in after the "=" sign. I should spit out your entire equipment listing showing your gear ratio.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
Get the hell outta town! When did they start doing this? I just tried it and it works. DUH! Don't think you woulda put it up there if it didn't work. :doh: That's pretty kewl, Brandon. Thanks for sharing. Definitely adding this to my collection of sites to and tricks to share with folks.

·
8,070 Posts
Get the hell outta town! When did they start doing this? I just tried it and it works. DUH! Don't think you woulda put it up there if it didn't work. :doh: That's pretty kewl, Brandon. Thanks for sharing. Definitely adding this to my collection of sites to and tricks to share with folks.
Haha ya it's a pretty nifty little thing to have. I know it hasn't worked for some people I've shared it with, but for most it has. Definitely a nice, quick, easy way to find out some more information about your truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts