DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a set of Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires in 295/70/18 to replace my 275/70/18 original Firestone Transforce AT's that came stock on my 2015 Ram 2500 mega cab. I'll be putting the new 295 Coopers on my stock aluminum wheels.
Anyone have experience with the Cooper ST Maxx?
I am also contemplating getting a Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit, any thoughts???

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Two guys that I used to work with both got ST Maxx's around the same time. One had 35x12.50's on a new lifted Tundra and one had roughly 34's on a stock F150. Both of them really like them and say that they drive well with little noise. I personally didn't like the sidewall on them but I do have the STT Pro's. With nearly 10k miles on my Coopers I haven't had a single issue. They wear great and the Armor-Tek3 sidewall gives a comforting feeling off-road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have these tires in that exact size on my '14 2500 Ram. Only got 25k out of the factory Firestone Transforce AT's. They sucked. These Coopers are much nicer, they are quiet for how aggressive the tread pattern is. Only down side is the stupid TPMS sensors not being adjustable. I run an empty bed most of the time, and these tires really only need about 50-55psi in them with no load, which sets off the tire pressure warnings. I'm quite happy with them so far. Time will tell how they hold up. I plan on rotating regularly and trying to make them last as long as possible.

·
Registered
242 Posts
FYI, these tires are discontinued so if you try to make a warranty claim or have a blow out you wont be able to replace it with the same tire.

·
Registered
90 Posts
FYI, these tires are discontinued so if you try to make a warranty claim or have a blow out you wont be able to replace it with the same tire.
From my understanding, the STT is the one that is being discontinued with the release of the STT Pro.
The ST Maxx is still a relatively new tire.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
From my understanding, the STT is the one that is being discontinued with the release of the STT Pro.
The ST Maxx is still a relatively new tire.
This is correct.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was told by a Cooper dealer that the Maxx was being discontinued. I was surprised to hear that so hopefully they where wrong. With that said we just put a set on an 07 Mega Cab and the are a BA tire.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well they were delivered today! And the DOT date code is for 2016 so they are still making them this year anyway. Also got a Rough Country 2.5" leveling spacer kit delivered!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are pictures!!!

Well got the tires and 2.5" Leveling kit on... Think I like it!!!

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Looks good! Do you have a camper with the same graphics? Just curious, most people I see with graphics like that have it to match a TT or truck camper.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice rig!! Looks awesome!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not to bring back an old thread but wondering if anyone is running 295 70 18 Cooper STT PRO's on their 1500? I have a billstein 2.1 level on the front and want to run these tires with an 18 +0 offset wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts