DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright this is the thing. I have an 01 5 speed 318 ,2 wheel drive. I need to tow a 2000 sanata for repair. Im going to try to get a dolly but more then likely will be useing a tandem axle trailer. Now the car is probably 2500 lbs. Thats a close guess with the v6 it has. So am I going to be out matched on this one or will the ol' girl do it? Oh by the way it will be a class a hitch not bumper.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would not hesitate to pull either a dolly or a trailer with that load unless you are pulling a tri axle 20,000 rated trailer. That might be an overmatch with that car on it.;-)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just trying to figure out if it could do it thought it could. Ya I do have class 3 hitch. I like having more then 1 receiver.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have pulled my 3200lb Challenger in a 24ft enclosed trailer (about 3000lbs) so in total 6500lbs with no issues other than a little bit of sag in the rear. That is being fixed in 2 weeks with a level kit and rear bag install.

you shouldn't have any issues, try to get the cars engine over the rear axles if you pull a tandem.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Your going to have to tow a lot more than that to tax the Ram. A tow job that small....I'd even use the wife's Escape. :str:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your going to have to tow a lot more than that to tax the Ram. A tow job that small....I'd even use the wife's Escape. :str:
I thought about useing the wifes caravan at one time myself. (before I got the ram)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts