DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a easy and good way to prevent this. my dad had his stolen off his dodge and now he did this and showed me so i did it to mine. Not everyone carries a flathead or phillips on them.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i usually always have mine locked but that is a good idea

·
Registered
12,860 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the older truck like mine doesnt have that option though

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
I use to keep my trucks locked and it didn't originally have a lock i got it off ebay. cool tip though :rep:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah no problem, it doesnt causes any blockages or anything so its perfect
Cost is $2 dollars and 3mins to install

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
very good idea!! I have never really thouight of having the tail gate stolen, but i guess its cheaper for people to do that than buy one..... They would be pissed to see that hahaha

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,431 Posts
Very cool idea and definitely cheaper than a new tailgate!

- Cajun

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Had my taillights and tailgate stolen when I was working once... came back from a nightshift and man was I pissed! I went out and bought an actual tailgate lock, it was a McGard and while the band clamp is a cheap alternative, I wanted something to protect against the guy who DOES carry a flathead, such as the one that nabbed my taillights too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a lock on mine, but nothing wrong with a little extra security. Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
i would do anything to keep my tailgate closed, not because of losing the tailgate
i worried more about the tail lights
it seems some people with light fingers don't unplug the connectors, they cut the wires in front of the connectors, so they have everything that they need for Mods

1 - 13 of 13 Posts