DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just purchased my used 04 and the previous owner installed dual gibson exhaust that exits out the rear, this is the only thing preventing me from fitting my truck in the garage as the tips stick out about 3 inches past the bumper. Does anyone know if gibson make side exits so i could just unclamp the ones i have now and re-route them to the sides? I know flow master you can install either way straight out the back or out the sides. I called autoanything and they said that gibson doesnt offer this option. I just want to make sure before i order a whole new exhaust OR take it to a muffler shop. thanks

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I had dual side exit on my 04 ram that exits behind rear wheel. its a very nice sound and setup especially if you tow and dont like cleaning the front of your travel trailer. I had the 4.7 in mine but if you go to http://www.gibsonexhaust.com/dci.html you can search your model. Good luck and I gotta say it sounded great on mine and it will not hinder your access to your garage. :)

ps. The Chrome exhaust tips that come with the catback system are adjustable.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thanks for the help !
You are very welcome. I honestly loved my 04 ram 1500 QC 4x4. I gotta say that it had alot of cajones for a 4.7. I did alot to it before I traded it and the new owner was immensely pleased with it. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
it would be cheaper to take it to a muffler shop and have them redo your tips...
Exactly!

Cut, cut, realign and weld or clamp per side. It's maybe 1HR labour total at best.

Sometimes it's just a matter of readjusting the hangers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts