DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little background first; My truck is a 2014 Ram 1500 SXT regular cab, with manual windows, locks and mirrors, with not much else. Got it at a real good deal so I thought I was good to live with it. Now, I'm missing not having power windows and locks.

So I've bought a $50 kit off of amazon ( Link Here ) to upgrade the windows. I was originally going to mount some switches in the dash, instead of having them on the door, but, now am wondering if I can swap the door panel from an ST into my SXT and have it with the window kit inside. An few pics can be found Here

So my main question is, has anyone upgraded from manual to power everything? How'd you do it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Wow! I didn't know they even made trucks without power accessories anymore. Our company vans are manual and I hate it. There's always two of us in the van and it's a pain in the ass to reach over and unlock the door. Not to mention rolling the windows down. I remember when power windows and locks were a luxury. Now it's... well, I reckon we just got lazy.

Anyway, the only member I've seen do this mod was on a 3rd gen Ram.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! I didn't know they even made trucks without power accessories anymore. Our company vans are manual and I hate it. There's always two of us in the van and it's a pain in the ass to reach over and unlock the door. Not to mention rolling the windows down. I remember when power windows and locks were a luxury. Now it's... well, I reckon we just got lazy.
Peel Chrysler in Toronto sells my exact truck, and always has a stock pile of them. I got it at a real good deal, that's why I bought it. List was $31k, got it for $18k, while the next cheapest Ram with power everything was $23k. $5000 was enough to make me live with roll up windows..

·
Registered
257 Posts
I went from a manual windows, manual locks, manual transmission (2002f150xl v6) that thing was built very well. But I don't miss it at ALL...exept for the sheet metal that I was able to lean on it without it denting... seems like this new rams are made really fragile.(my opinion)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a regular cab so it doesn't bother me too much. I do like the fact I can roll the window up and down even when the truck is off, but that is about the extent of what I like about manual features.

Through my searching, I figure if I do this the way I want to go about it, I'll be the first to do so. Rough estimate on new door pads is about $500 a side. Have yet to get a parts list and get dealer prices yet. Really want to find a salvage title 2014 reg cab with a flawless interior...

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Peel Chrysler in Toronto sells my exact truck, and always has a stock pile of them. I got it at a real good deal, that's why I bought it. List was $31k, got it for $18k, while the next cheapest Ram with power everything was $23k. $5000 was enough to make me live with roll up windows..
That's a helluva deal for a new truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts