DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am about to bite the bullet on a ram 1500 outdoorsman crewcab.

It is bright silver with the premium cloth bench seats (which i prefer over bucket), navigation unit, 3.92 and all of the other goodies that are on these trucks.

Would 32,260 be a good price? The dealer just got the truck in not long ago and seem to be willing to deal with me.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hello all,

I am about to bite the bullet on a ram 1500 outdoorsman crewcab.

It is bright silver with the premium cloth bench seats (which i prefer over bucket), navigation unit, 3.92 and all of the other goodies that are on these trucks.

Would 32,260 be a good price? The dealer just got the truck in not long ago and seem to be willing to deal with me.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
If the MSRP is $43,000 thats a good price!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My MSRP was $49,960 and I got it for $41,990 with the tube steps added on ($1000 according to them) ..... if that helps for comparison...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Though Canadian pricing is higher, it's all relative. I just ordered a 2012 C/C 4X4, pretty much loaded except for rear seat DVD and sunroof. Mine had MRSP of $50K (Bed Rug and BaK Flip included) and I got it for $37.500 approximately 25% off retail. Seems like that's what most guys are getting here, give or take a bit.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My MSRP was $49,960 and I got it for $41,990 with the tube steps added on ($1000 according to them) ..... if that helps for comparison...
Tube steps on my 2500 CC were 600 ( Mopar ones) at the dealer in Maine.
I think that Outdoorsman price is not bad at all. Thats a sweet truck and it depends on if it is in your price range that your comfortable with. Also no matter what you pay, someone always has gotten a better deal somewhere.. It also depends on whether you wanna sit by and watch someone else drive it off the lot, cause it happened to me once, and I buy what I like now if its priced reasonable. Just my .02 cents. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Canadian MSRP $46K got it for $27K + tax (demo bighorn c/c 4x4 with 900kms on it)
Definitely a good price. You'd never get that on a new vehicle. The nice thing with a demo (usually), from a customers point of view, is that once it has been registered with DMV and plates are put on it, it becomes a used vehicle. As we all know, brand new vehicles depreciate as soon as they're driven off the lot. Same applies to dealer demos.

There are a couple of reasons why such a good price can be had. Some manufacturers offer incentives to dealers to put demos on the road. The dealer cost for that vehicle now goes down by sometimes a few thousand dollars. The other benefit for the dealer is that is that they can now write off the depreciation of the now "used" vehicle.

The only time this is not very beneficial to the consumer is when a really "hot" model gets introduced. As an example only, the Nissan GT-R sports car was introduced to the North American market after years of never being available. Many enthusiast wanted one and the car was in great demand with very limited availability. Some dealers would register these vehicles (with DMV) immediately upon arrival at the dealership without ever putting plates on them. By doing this, they are now selling a "used" car which was a turnaround from having to respect the MSRP. They could sell it for whatever the market was willing to pay, sometimes $10s of thousands above retail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts