DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had Goodyear Wranglers on my 1500 and loved'em...anyone have these on a 2500 ? How are they ? Thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
I haven't looked in awhile at the Wrangler series of Goodyears, but aren't there quite a few models in various ratings? As hunter suggested, I'd look closely at all the rating comparisons when shopping. You see some complaints about some of the Wranglers shipped on our pickups, but there are different models that may bring different performance levels to the table.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The factory ones on my 1500 are going to need replacement by 30k miles. I'm at 24k now and hope they make it to 30k. That's not nearly enough wear for me to replace them with the same tire. I had Michelins on my E350 Ford van and got 70k out of a set and they handled better in the rain. Not sure what I'm going to change to yet.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
The factory ones on my 1500 are going to need replacement by 30k miles. I'm at 24k now and hope they make it to 30k. That's not nearly enough wear for me to replace them with the same tire. I had Michelins on my E350 Ford van and got 70k out of a set and they handled better in the rain. Not sure what I'm going to change to yet.
not that you asked but i put coooper at3s on wifes grand cherokee, good in all conditions so far, including the one wet snow we had. since it is 71 today in north jersey, will have wait to next year to give review about them on ice.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you're referring to the silent armor goodyear wranglers then they are a decent tire. They come stock on the f-250's and do pretty well, since that is a heavier truck they should do fine on your truck. If you are referring to the SR-A's that come stock on the 1500s then they are one of the worst tires I've dealt with.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Goodyear silent armor are being recalled I just had to take a set off my work truck they were falling apart after 30000. I will never buy them again. The worst tire I have ever owned. Had to get my truck balanced once a month. And it seemed like an alignment every other month. Turned out it was the tires. Michelin,s tires are made with he most natural rubber out of any tire. So i was told by my tire supplier. So they should last longer. I just put a set of Bridgestone duller at revo2's on my work truck. So far so good. 10000miles on them and still feel new. I'm hard on tires BTW. Had a set of goodyears assurance tires on my wife's grand prix. All I cans say is junk. Loud, leak air, always out of ballance. I'm done with goodyear.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the BFG A/T Load D on right now and am hearing a lot about them being a contributing factor with my Death Wobble issue. At this point I cannot settle for anything other than Load E. Believe me i have put a lot of effort into the front end and just put on the Thuren track bar. I am leaning more towards the Toyo's. Thanks guys for your input.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Goodyear silent armor are being recalled I just had to take a set off my work truck they were falling apart after 30000. I will never buy them again. The worst tire I have ever owned. Had to get my truck balanced once a month. And it seemed like an alignment every other month. Turned out it was the tires. Michelin,s tires are made with he most natural rubber out of any tire. So i was told by my tire supplier. So they should last longer. I just put a set of Bridgestone duller at revo2's on my work truck. So far so good. 10000miles on them and still feel new. I'm hard on tires BTW. Had a set of goodyears assurance tires on my wife's grand prix. All I cans say is junk. Loud, leak air, always out of ballance. I'm done with goodyear.

Couldn't agree with this more. Any tire problem I've had in the past was correlated to the name Goodyear. They use to make a really good tire, but I can't say that anymore with a straight face.

I too have had Bridgestone Revo2, and it transformed my Tahoe. Might get another set for my Ram Sport here soon when they are no longer back-ordered.

My buddy owns his own tire shop, and he refuses to sell or install Goodyears. Bridgestone & Coopers are two of his biggest sellers. He can't say enough good things about Coopers, and the value of the tire for the money.....for what it's worth. :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I have the original set of Good Years in my spare room, still mounted on the original rims
I didn't like the way they cornered & really disliked the way they felt on wet roads

I run the Michelin LTX AT2 Tire & i am very happy with them, except for the price
I often drive 1,000 miles a day & i need good tires

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had a set of Wrangler A/T's on a Jeep CJ-7. Came on it from the factory. Left them on for about a month. Took them off and have never bought another Goodyear tire. Lousy ride, lousy on road, lousy in mud. Marginal on dry dirt!!!!! But that's just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts