DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was swapping out my reverse lights to LED ones but decided that they were to small so I put them in my third brake light(the cab one) and now my 3157 tail light doesn't work. I just put a new bulb in and it still doesn't work. When I hit my brake it lights up but just my running light doesn't work...any ideas people?? Kinda aggravated but Im not stressing about it

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I'm totally lost /:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Is the tail light working on the other side, or are both sides out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The newer trucks have tail lights with circuit boards in them and if you have power at the plug and new good bulbs and no lights, your assembly may be faulty.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The passenger side works fine, running light, brake light and signal for it. But my driver side only the running light doesn't work. I think it's my LEDs but idk! Help ):

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Have you tried a regular bulb.....or turning the LED bulb around (ie pull out, turn 108 deg, and re-insert) ??

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
They are non polarized bulbs but I'll try tomorrow and they worked fine before with regular bulbs? I also swapped out my old light bar for a recon 60" if that helps any? Idk whtAt it could be

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fuse number 16 was blown! Thank God that was all!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Fuse number 16 was blown! Thank God that was all!
:woohoo: It's fixed!

Now, breathe a long sigh of relief and drive it like you own it! :smileup:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol thanks Brad!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey brad, the fuses kept blowing as i just noticed and i put in more and they keep blowing...i have my recon light bar and led license plate light hooked up to my drivers side running lights, do you think if i transfered one over to the passenger side it would help?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
How much power do the Recon units require? It surprises me that it's blowing fuses.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i honestly have no clue...i posted another thread under ram discussion can you help me there?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
If I do that, I will have to pay a big price to the Mods for aiding and enabling a help thread in a general discussion forum.... :str: Apparently with my post count, I'm supposed to know better! :hah: :LOL:

Oh, what the heck!.. I'll go looking for it. :D

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
your the man brad thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts