DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I finally went for a lift. After much thought, I decided I didn't want to go with a suspension lift just for the fact that once I do that, I can't ever put it back to stock. When time comes to sell, only someone who wants a lifted truck will be interested. Anyways I went with a rough country bolt on 3 inch lift. So I have 3 inches of lift in the front(2 inch preload and 1 inch top of strut spacers) and new control arms so the ball joint angle stays good. And instead of the 1 inch rear spacer I went with a 1.5" so I had a tiny bit of rake. Didn't want to be nose high. I feel like it's actually very level standing. Anyways, it drives good, I have 35x12.50r20 nitto ridge grapplers with fuel assault 20x10 -18 offset rims. No rubbing. All is well, only question is...how bad does this CV angle look and what should I be expecting in the future(maintenance wise) ... I live in Canada so we are in km/h not miles. The truck has 4500 kms on it...2018. I bought it in July. Clearly I don't drive much and it's just a street princess. I have a summer car and a work truck I drive as well.

Pics added 20180709_173759_1531184461430.jpg
20180709_173745_1531184505376.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Look great.

·
Registered
409 Posts
looks fine

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
I like it, looks great. I think the wider stance with those wheels and tires really makes it pop. Nicely done. :smileup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it, looks great. I think the wider stance with those wheels and tires really makes it pop. Nicely done.
Thanks man. I'm liking it a lot as well. Was beside a leveled ram and I like how it looks a bit higher/bigger than a level truck. I'm just curious with how the CV angles look.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
I'm just curious with how the CV angles look.
I've seen worse. Actually, much worse. I don't think they look too bad. And since you don't do any hardcore off roading, I'd think they won't cause any premature failures or issues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm just curious with how the CV angles look.
I've seen worse. Actually, much worse. I don't think they look too bad. And since you don't do any hardcore off roading, I'd think they won't cause any premature failures or issues.
Right on. Yeah I mean it drives good. No shakes or nothing. And yeah, not driving off road, not driving too much at all really. Next thing I'm looking for is a speedo recalibrator for a 2018. I've found a couple but they're only up till 2017. Unfortunately Mopar changed something and made it harder to mess with the pcm. Stupid.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks great brother......

·
Registered
250 Posts
You did an excellent job on your wheels! What are they and dimensions plz. I think i found what I was looking for. Thank you for putting time into this forum

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You did an excellent job on your wheels! What are they and dimensions plz. I think i found what I was looking for. Thank you for putting time into this forum
Sorry for the late response, I didn't see this. They are fuel assault 20x10 -18 offset. Eventually down the line I may do a 6 inch lift with 22x12 rims but then I'll need fender flares as well. As for now im pleased with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts