DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well over 2 weeks ago I ordered a new set of 20's (trying hard not to say what they are until I get them on) today they came in, I ordered them locally from a car customization store. I had ordered 20x9 with 0 offset so they would stick out 3/4" more, perfect! they came in today, even better, get there and they are 20x10 -24, so they will stick out over 2 inches, Fawk me really? apparently the owner for what ever reason decided this offset was better and ordered these or maybe he got a better deal on these, the boxes are pretty beat up... . I bought and installed pocket style flares so them sticking out a bit isnt an issue but I am worried that 1) they are going to look rediculous sticking out that far on a leveled truck. and 2) they are going to rub my fenders. When I originally went in to order them I wanted 20x10 -12 but the owner said they will most likely rub everywhere, so we ordered the 20x9's instead which is what it says on my receipt and I was fine with that.

He said if they rub I can return them and he will order the 20x9's but they arent available for a mont and I leave for Manitoba for work in a month. I cant get them on until monday afternoon because everywhere intown is booked up like crazy wit winter tires coming off... Any one got any input on what tey may look like sticking out that far so rubbing? the woner called the company and spoke to a rep that said running my 33's will be fine and they wont rub...... My day went from awesome to shitty pretty quick, I used to deal with another place in town until they started pulling this shit, fine and dandy when tey are taking your 1700 bucks for wheels but **** you once they have your money........sorry for the rant and language......

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,039 Posts
That sucks. It isn't the look you are going for. did you plan on buying the flares? That is an added cost and these are not what YOU ORDERED and PAID for. If he got these for a better deal did he relay that savings on to you at all? I know it is another month and you will be gone but having something now that you didn't order is it worth it? Or will you be happier if you wait and get what you wanted. I mean you can wait until Monday get them on and see what they look like as long as this dealer will still honor his return policy to take them back if you don't like them. I hate when stuff happens like this they tell you to try it you don't like it then they tell you well you mounted them not much we can do for you.

Best of luck keep us updated!! I hope you do like how they look if you do put them on Monday.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks. It isn't the look you are going for. did you plan on buying the flares? That is an added cost and these are not what YOU ORDERED and PAID for. If he got these for a better deal did he relay that savings on to you at all? I know it is another month and you will be gone but having something now that you didn't order is it worth it? Or will you be happier if you wait and get what you wanted. I mean you can wait until Monday get them on and see what they look like as long as this dealer will still honor his return policy to take them back if you don't like them. I hate when stuff happens like this they tell you to try it you don't like it then they tell you well you mounted them not much we can do for you.

Best of luck keep us updated!! I hope you do like how they look if you do put them on Monday.
man I have no idea, i was just on a rant and knew I couldnt get any answers as it is my personal opinion on whether I will like them. I dont know if it is because he got a better deal, probably not but you would think he would call me and say hey this is the deal we cant get 20x9's... this guys also owns a used car lot next door and the vibe I get from his is used car slaesman mantality, no offense to anyone here, he said he would take them back if they dont fit and try selling them, watever that meens. I just put the rim on the back of the truck to get an idea, although it doesnt help much but they dont stick out past the flares from what I can tell. I had rodered the flares for a few reasons and because of new rims sticking out more was a 1/3 of the reason so I am not mad about that purchase. the company who makes them said they would fit and they just did a dodge half ton with the same type of set up I have and they didnt rub, they said if I had 35's that they would deffinetly rub. I guess on monday I will find out.... Will post pics when I get them on, wish me luck haha man I hate when thinks arent what tey should be........

·
Registered
462 Posts
No offense I would be pissed. When I order something, I expect to get what I pay for. Not a completely different thing. I would hate for my wheels to stick out that much. He owes you a refund. What he does with the wheels is his problem not yours. I wouldn't even install them. He might then say he cant take them back since they are used.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey Dan,I feel your pain, I ordered my wheels and tires at the same place (I think) and he screwed my order up too. I'm still waiting for him to get my rims and tires ready for me.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
same place bruce, he has been great up until this....

LeKy, I hear ya and no offense taken, down fall to living in Canada is that when you order something it takes 2 weeks... so when its wrong it takes another 2 weeks, the size I want I wont be able to get until september as I am leaving in a month for a tiny town 30 hours north west of here, I know I shouldnt use that as my excuse not to get what I want, I just hate waiting... I am really tempted to go tmrw and get my money back and just order the wheels online, they will be a bit more money but not much considering my bill was nearly 1700 with lug nuts for tese wheels... you guys have no idea how pissed I am..... can anyone recommend a decent website to order rims off of?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
also bruce I feel like shit for referring you to them, I just had too many bad experiences with the other place in town and SCA seemed to be doing alot better but now I am not so sure. Havent changed my mind on what to do so many times..... getting rid of them tmrw, they can be his problem, I went outside just now with a tape measure and a piece of aluminum that is 1.75" wide and held it against the tire, it stiocks past my flares and these wheels will be 1/2 more than that, **** that tats not what I want, imagine how hard it would be to sell this truck with wheels that stick out that far, on a lifted truck it would look great but not a on leveled with 33's.... I will order them online from someone who has them in stock, going to call a few online places in the states tmrw and get some prices shipped to my door...

sorry for the rant guys, hate doing this, but I think most of your understand my frustration being out of pocket 1700 bucks plus time for nothing... my gf doesnt seem to get it

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's ok Dan. these things happen. We discovered my order was screwed up last Tuesday and still no word on what he is doing. I plan on calling him tomorrow and if the issue isn't resolved I'll ask for a refund. I have to say for this area he has good prices.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Let him put on one wheel, if you don't like, DON'T accept them, simple. Get your money back.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let him put on one wheel, if you don't like, DON'T accept them, simple. Get your money back.
problem is he nor does his company install them, I ave to take them to an actual tire shop and have them installed, he just sells them.... thats why I had to book it for monday, so even if I fgot them on he wouldnt be there to see my reaction or negotiate... just getting rid of them tmrw, they can be his problem, I am going to call some places tmrw for prices, emailed a few shops in southern ontario for prices...

for what its worth here they are...

·
Registered
406 Posts
What size tires were you going to run on those rims?? It might be a blessing, no rubbing at all vs 0 offset,? lol just trying to find the positive in this,if there is one and im like you, on a level truck, it might not look good, throw them on, take a pic for us

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What size tires were you going to run on those rims?? It might be a blessing, no rubbing at all vs 0 offset,? lol just trying to find the positive in this,if there is one and im like you, on a level truck, it might not look good, throw them on, take a pic for us
running the tires I have now, 305/55/20's by doing the math they will stick out 2 1/4" more than they do now which will be past my flares, would look cool if the truck was lifted, I think it will look gay just leveled. as far as rubbing I am just worried about rubbing on the fenders at full lock which is everytime I pull out of my driveway, I am not into trimming anything, in a year from now I want to be able to sell this truck to anybody not just some 18 year old that thinks the oil rig look, looks cool, no offense to anyone....

They are going back tomorrow, I am walking out with 1700 bucks back in my hand, or on my visa I guess and then I will call everywhgere I can think of, also OK tire is a dealer for FUEL so I will head over there tmrw and ask...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Good luck Dan, I hope he doesn't jerk you around too much. If you get your refund and he doesn't have my tires ready today I am asking for a refund as well ($2650). He won't be showing much of a profit for the day. I have driven over to his store (2 hours one way) twice now because he said things were good to go and if he has them ready today I will have to drive back one more time. I was really hoping I had found a quality shop with good service and prices but unfortunatly they only have good prices. I'd rather pay a little more and not have the headache.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys why not just order what YOU want off online, more choices. Is the shipping to Canada what kills?
shipping is pretty brutal... my gf's dad just ordered 20x9 fuel boost wheels for his f150, 250 per rim on line (I paid 350) and by the time it got to his door it was 1700, so basically 650 for shipping, 50 bucks for lug nuts. mind you he got exactly what he wanted, they even called himn to varify before the shipped it that it was what he wanted and in total I paid 1650 after tax I think, I guess in reality it wasnt much more. I really dislaike ordering from te states because of te border and duty, if they for whatever reason have to open your package or feel the need to to open it they charge you a fair bit. happened with my led bulbs in my truck, when they opened it they charged me 45 bucks border fee and the package was only worth 50, plus I had already paid 30 bucks shipping. I will keep you guys updated with what happens, one thing is forsure I will get my money back. Good luck bruce hopefully everything works out ok...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
returned them and got a full refund, he was going to hold 200 dollar shipping fee but decided not too to try to be a decent guy, which he is but I wish he would have called and told me they couldnt get the 20x9's for a month and maybe shown me pictures of how the 20x10 -24 would look because fuel emailed him pics of that set up on a truck like mine. Anyways

I cant get the 20x9's for a month, the owner of the store called fuel and had them on speaker phone, I went to another place locally to get a price and they should be getting back to me this afternoon. I also called rimzoneonline and they dont ship to canada. May end up ordering the 20x9's and waiting a month but on May 10th I am driving 30 hours north west of here and staying there for 4 months so 4 weeks wait on these rims would be starting to cut it close.... So I guess I am back to square one, got my money back, still dont have wheels, and I dont want any other wheels besides these kranks, they looked so good sitting in my garage LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.