DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Got my wheels...... sorta :(

2091 31
Well over 2 weeks ago I ordered a new set of 20's (trying hard not to say what they are until I get them on) today they came in, I ordered them locally from a car customization store. I had ordered 20x9 with 0 offset so they would stick out 3/4" more, perfect! they came in today, even better, get there and they are 20x10 -24, so they will stick out over 2 inches, Fawk me really? apparently the owner for what ever reason decided this offset was better and ordered these or maybe he got a better deal on these, the boxes are pretty beat up... . I bought and installed pocket style flares so them sticking out a bit isnt an issue but I am worried that 1) they are going to look rediculous sticking out that far on a leveled truck. and 2) they are going to rub my fenders. When I originally went in to order them I wanted 20x10 -12 but the owner said they will most likely rub everywhere, so we ordered the 20x9's instead which is what it says on my receipt and I was fine with that.

He said if they rub I can return them and he will order the 20x9's but they arent available for a mont and I leave for Manitoba for work in a month. I cant get them on until monday afternoon because everywhere intown is booked up like crazy wit winter tires coming off... Any one got any input on what tey may look like sticking out that far so rubbing? the woner called the company and spoke to a rep that said running my 33's will be fine and they wont rub...... My day went from awesome to shitty pretty quick, I used to deal with another place in town until they started pulling this shit, fine and dandy when tey are taking your 1700 bucks for wheels but **** you once they have your money........sorry for the rant and language......
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
GOOD NEWS!!! not trying to drag this thread on anymore that it needs to be but I went to another retailer in town, a place called OK tire, which is Canada wide, they only sell wheels and tires and are 1 of very few dealers for fuel. With tax, wheels, and lug nuts and installation they are 100 bucks cheaper than the other place I had originally dealt with and the guy at OK tire worked some magic and instead of 4 weeks to get me these wheels (fuel only just got blanks and has to drill them out plus shipping from Cali to here) they will get me them in about 2 weeks. Good service so far... so maybe 2 weeks! they are 20x9 Kranks with 1 mm offset so they wont stick out much and should look pretty wicked with my flares, which is the size and offset I should have got in the first place LOL

· Registered
396 Posts
Thats good news Dan, did you have a hassle getting your refund at SCA. I got a call from them today saying my rims and tires are ready to go so I am going over tomorrow to pick them up.

· Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
30,221 Posts
GOOD NEWS!!! not trying to drag this thread on anymore that it needs to be but I went to another retailer in town, a place called OK tire, which is Canada wide, they only sell wheels and tires and are 1 of very few dealers for fuel. With tax, wheels, and lug nuts and installation they are 100 bucks cheaper than the other place I had originally dealt with and the guy at OK tire worked some magic and instead of 4 weeks to get me these wheels (fuel only just got blanks and has to drill them out plus shipping from Cali to here) they will get me them in about 2 weeks. Good service so far... so maybe 2 weeks! they are 20x9 Kranks with 1 mm offset so they wont stick out much and should look pretty wicked with my flares, which is the size and offset I should have got in the first place LOL
Glad it all worked out for you. You got what you wanted and at a better deal so that is the best of both worlds!! Good thing you didn't settle on the ones the other dealer brought in!!:smiley_thumbs_up:

· Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thats good news Dan, did you have a hassle getting your refund at SCA. I got a call from them today saying my rims and tires are ready to go so I am going over tomorrow to pick them up.
no real hassle, he gave it, he called to see about the 20x9's but I was still waiting for a call from OK tire with a price so I just said I would take my money and get back to him, I wasnt paying a visa bill this mont for someting that isnt coming until next month now... he tried te car salesman speach by saying because of the back space on the 20x10's they wouldnt be that bad, I was like dude I know how to calculate offset and math doesnt lie... neither does a tape measure.... but regardless I am happier and alot more relieved now, now just the wait lol Hopefully there are no issues with your order this time and you get exactly what you want considering yuo are driving 2 hours 1 way for it....

Glad it all worked out for you. You got what you wanted and at a better deal so that is the best of both worlds!! Good thing you didn't settle on the ones the other dealer brought in!!:smiley_thumbs_up:
Thanks Shawn! I am alot happier now than I was yesterday, getting a better deal is nice but for me its all about customer service, there are places I wont even eat at because the service is bad, food is best in town but if the service sucks I wont go back, kind of the same deal here.... I really dislike bad service, but I dont usually hold grudges for too long I will give them another chance with other things down the road but I will make sure that they get me what I want... now just the wait lol 2 weeks and counting, problem is the sooner that gets here the closer it is until I have to go back to Manitoba :smiledown:

· Registered
7,784 Posts
really happy it all worked out for you bro considering the run around you had to do but it will be worth it in the end because thoes wheels are sexy and iv had my eye on them myself so i cant wait to see the installed pics

· Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just figured out how to get pictures on here. Here's one with the Fuel Boosts.

Great looking set up! at first all I wanted was hostages but I got looking around the internbet and everyone has them, I have Fuel Offroad as a friend on facebook and everyone that posts pics only has them, they are like te new rockstars, had never really considered the boost wheels as I thought they didnt look good on their website, a few ago my gf's dad put them on his terd f150 and WOW do they look good! so I consideresd them or the kranks but figured if I got the boost it would be sorta like copying him and I wanted something different, there is only like 2 people who have posted pics on fuel website of the kranks and damn they looked good in my garage even if they werent the right size. I think the 1mm offset will look perfect with my flares and should only stick out about 3/4 of an inch more than stock! once again sweet looking set up and thanks for sharing!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.