DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 1,000+ mile trip Easter weekend we got home around 4 pm, and I couldn't take seeing the thing sitting in the garage, so a few hours later I had the basket mounted on the cap.

Got home from work today and finished up the spare tire mount, so I tossed the tire up there, bolted it down, and pretty much eliminated myself from every parking garage in America. :LOL:

The truck needs a bath bad but I thought I'd get a few pictures up if for no other reason than I looked high and low for pictures of trucks with these on them and found very little.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Looks tough! ;)

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Nice touch!!!! love it! oh and damn nice rims too!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It looks good. I hope you've got some height to you, so that if you do ever get a flat you can still get the spare tire down....

I myself, I'm vertically deficient, so I am not sure I'd ever be able to get the tire down LOL. .... one of the reasons that I have road side assistance LOL

Exco

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks good. I hope you've got some height to you, so that if you do ever get a flat you can still get the spare tire down....

I myself, I'm vertically deficient, so I am not sure I'd ever be able to get the tire down LOL. .... one of the reasons that I have road side assistance LOL

Exco
LOL, that was a major concern, but I'm a bit over 6 feet, and I have this ingenious little fold up stool that I keep in the bed just to get into the back of the truck; turns out that when I stand on that on the tailgate I can easily reach the bolts, then just lug the thing over the rear of the basket if needed.

I carry a plug kit, so hopefully if I ever get a flat I can plug it on the roadside and with the onboard air I should be on my way in less time than it would take to change a tire!

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Nice looking rig
can you still go through the Jack in the Box drive through

Get a DEBO STEP & you can leave the step ladder home

1 - 18 of 18 Posts