DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to putting my BBK shorty headers on about 2 weeks ago. I wouldve posted earlier but Ive been out to sea. Ill get pics up asap, but my desktop recently broke on me. Anyways, the install wasnt too bad, I did the passenger first knowing it would be the hard side. Fitment was good my only complain is having to get my hands up in there to get the new bolts in. That was by far the hardest part. As far as the driver side I think the middle top one was one of the hardest to get at. Point of advice for anybody looking to do this in the future, the drivers side O2 sensor needs to be re-routed, you dont need to extend it or nothing but make sure you disconnect it and re route it around some things otherwise the y pipe wont stretch back to fit over the collector. Another good thing is to disconnect the battery lmao!!! I wasnt even thinking about it till I bumped the positive wire on the drivers side and had a nice firework show under the truck. Nothing fried out or was broken just kinda scared me for a sec hahaha. I think the whole thing took me 4.5 or 5 hours with a dinner break n beer breaks.

Performance wise, I def feel a difference, feels a lot stronger from a dig and pulls harder. For some reason it seems to be quieter now on idle but a lot louder and more aggressive when you hit the gas. All in all, anyone with mechanical ability can do this. I give it about a 5 outta 10 for toughness...it had its moments and there was some cursing but it wasnt that bad. Ill get some pics when I can, also anybody know who has free shipping to hawaii? I would like to buy that magnaflow y pipe but im not gonna pay 30 dollars in shipping when the fricken part is cheaper!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nice I did the same last weekend with JBA shorties on my 08. I'm about to start a thread to show the pics. The hardest bolt for me was the bottom second from the back could not fit anything up there. I did the same as you and had a shower of sparks lol. So battery disconnect is definitely recommended.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Nice! Headers are a great mod.

I see your sig says your truck is FS? Why mod it if you're selling it? Just curious is all...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! Headers are a great mod.

I see your sig says your truck is FS? Why mod it if you're selling it? Just curious is all...
Umm, I like to party? lol

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
LOL ok good answer! Was JW most people don't spend money on a truck they are selling as you don't make it back...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts