DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I have no idea what it is. It looks like an electrical cable and not a tube. Get under the truck and look up in the area of where it is hanging and see if you can find anything. I have never seen a green cable like that under a truck.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Mystery yellow wire / hose in the picture as well. Best to crawl under there and see what's going on before whatever is clicking wraps tight around the driveshaft and gets ripped apart.

Reactions: Electrojake

·
Vendor
21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
2,116 Posts
Find out where it's mounted, probably 1/0 ground for Big 3 upgrade or external amplifier. Definitely cut or reroute so it isn't stressing the parking brake cable.

Appears like another one going around the driveshaft, you bought a hack job from someone...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not really adding much, but as others have stated, it's definitely a ground wire or (and I hope not) power cable. It appears to say "SoundQubed" on it which, they make car audio gear. It looks like the ring terminal on it broke.

Check up front in the engine compartment to see if you see a green cable and if so, trace it back. If this truck had sounds in it previously, it could have been a run for a remote mounted battery (power or ground).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello
Does anyone have an idea of why this tube hanging . Just noticed it this morning and it was not like this yesterday. I also noticed a new clicking noise coming from that area as I drive.
Thank you
Green = Ground but the way that is run looks added

1 - 10 of 10 Posts