DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was showing my Green strobes to my friend and the pattern only set one side a few blinks first and they though it was a turn signal, then I'm like, wait, that would be cool!

Is that legal?.. does it have to be the yellow? I know some States will be different, but I didn't know if its some national law or anything.

If its Legal, can you just dye a light bulb? haha?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Green turn signals are illegal, pretty much everywhere. The S-10 guys complain to no end when they get pulled over for white turn signals, green would be worse. Though, check your local laws. I know everywhere I've lived it's been white or amber for forward facing lights only, and any flashing light had to be amber unless it was rear facing, then it could red but could not be a strobe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Although rarely seen, flashing green lights are only allowed here (WashingtonState) for Fire Fighters in their personal vehicles if they are responding to an emergency. Other than that they are illegal.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha that's what I thought. Thanks guys.

Would it be illegal if i has some amber turn signals as well? Obviously i would have to check my state laws, but if i at least HAD amber signals, I wonder if the green would be at least alright.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
hahaha that's what I thought. Thanks guys.

Would it be illegal if i has some amber turn signals as well? Obviously i would have to check my state laws, but if i at least HAD amber signals, I wonder if the green would be at least alright.
I am pretty sure up here it is illegal to have any strobing lights other then turns as it is a distraction to other drivers and dangerous.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Green turn signals are illegal, pretty much everywhere. The S-10 guys complain to no end when they get pulled over for white turn signals, green would be worse. Though, check your local laws. I know everywhere I've lived it's been white or amber for forward facing lights only, and any flashing light had to be amber unless it was rear facing, then it could red but could not be a strobe.
:iagree: Exactly what Cdnoil said.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as in green would be strictly illegal even when accompanied by amber turn signals as well?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
as in green would be strictly illegal even when accompanied by amber turn signals as well?
Given my experiences (getting ticketed for blue reverse bulbs).. I would say yes.. green, period, is illegal.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, what were you doing?! driving down the highway backwards or something?! or did they really give you a ticket for backing out of a parking space... hahah

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I was younger and stupid.. thought blue reverse lights would look cool on my blue '87 Olds Cutlass Ciera.. and they did! But the ticket was not as appealing :LOL:

I got caught at the DMV renewing my plates (which just so happened the Honolulu Police Dept. was located right down the street so squad car traffic was regular). :doh:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahahaha thats terrible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts