DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Grill guard for Express

14648 Views 32 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  TruBlu
Does anybody know of a heavy grill guard that will fit on the Express. Ranchhand and Fronteir do not make one.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a 12 Express and at first i ordered a Ranch hand and it didn't fit. None of the brackets lined up, Then i got a Frontier and it did fit. All the mounting brackets are on the bottom, 2 were at the tow hook mounts, And 2 under the bumper I had to trim the valance. It works and seems sturdy but i guess i will find out if i hit a deer.

· Registered
19 Posts
What i did, and recommend to most people is i custom built my own grille guard but i drilled a bolt in the tow hook that connects the grill guard to the tow hook. so this is not connected to the bumper so it should be easy to install on any car as long as you have tow hooks.

· Registered
1 Posts
Ive emailed aries, go rhino, and Weston. Still no options for the express models without modifying the plastic bumper. Ive seen several places showing where these will fit but contact with the direct company says none of them will. Looks like I will be cutting into the front bumper to fit the brackets (as bad as I hate to) unless someone else has found one that will fit without modifying the bumper.

· Registered
1 Posts
I recently contacted Ranch Hand about getting a grille guard for my 2013 Express. I was informed that the grille guard will fit, but you have to modify the plastic insert that runs across the bumper. Essentially pull the insert and trim it to allow the brackets to run through the bumper.

· Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
4,622 Posts
Honestly, if I wanted something rugged looking, and more importantly useful, I'd ditch the whole Express bumper itself. I'd look into a full on ranch hand bumper with the grill guard, tow hooks, fog light integration, etc. The Express bumper just is what it is, sporty looking. Doesn't even come with tow hooks.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.