DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks today I felt a strange movement in the back end of my truck. It seems to only happen when I am turning but only from a stop not cruising. It is hard to describe this but it feels like someone is hitting my axle with a giant sledge hammer and it skips and it doesn't drive smooth. My dashboard shakes as well when this happens. Its def not my transmission cause I just had the solenoid replaced. I do have a transfer case but its always on 2wd except when it snows. Has anyone ever come across this? If so I could use the help it will be very grateful and I would appreciate it. Thank you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey folks today I felt a strange movement in the back end of my truck. It seems to only happen when I am turning but only from a stop not cruising. It is hard to describe this but it feels like someone is hitting my axle with a giant sledge hammer and it skips and it doesn't drive smooth. My dashboard shakes as well when this happens. Its def not my transmission cause I just had the solenoid replaced. I do have a transfer case but its always on 2wd except when it snows. Has anyone ever come across this? If so I could use the help it will be very grateful and I would appreciate it. Thank you
Time to change the rear end fluid! Do you have a Trac-Loc(posi) rearend?
If you do, it's an absolute must that you add the 4oz. bottle of friction modifier from Mopar. Some people add (2). Get that differential cover off ASAP and do a good visual inspection. Mine will wheel hop and chirp the tires if I wait too long too change it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts