DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has a loud, horrible grinding noise coming from the front end. Sounds like the tab dragging when the brakes are bad, but the brakes are good. It came on all at once and doesn't quit. I had been pulling an empty horse trailer about 100 miles, and this started when I pulled down our driveway and made a left turn. I've parked it since this started, but I have places to go and things to do! I sure hate to take to the dealer if anyone can give us any idea where to look. Husband is fair mechanic but has no experience working on front ends. Any other info that is needed to help diagnose this I will gladly supply. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like we found the problem. A small rock, smaller than a kernel of corn was wedged under the dust cover. Rock gone, grinding noise gone. Praying that this is really fixed.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Looks like we found the problem. A small rock, smaller than a kernel of corn was wedged under the dust cover. Rock gone, grinding noise gone. Praying that this is really fixed.
Hi @2014Ram3500HorseHauler - Please be sure to keep us updated! If you experience this again or any other concerns, we are always a private message away to provide further support as you work with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 3 of 3 Posts