DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this evening I ordered the Ground Force rear lowering kit. I got it from Mudflaps. It said 7 to 10 business days if it was in stock,but It didn't say whether or not it was in stock:4-dontknow:. Oh well it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I gave up on this kit. I just cut mine. Who knows when Ground Force will get them. I talked with a Rep from Ground Force back in early December. They were waiting for their manufacturer to make the kits....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave up on this kit. I just cut mine. Who knows when Ground Force will get them. I talked with a Rep from Ground Force back in early December. They were waiting for their manufacturer to make the kits....
That sucks if that's the case.I found them on Summit's website also, but Mudflaps was cheaper. I may give Ground force a call. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got home today and the kit was here. I'm dropping the truck off tomorrow to get it installed.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the kit installed yesterday and it looks great. It was too dark and was raining when I got home to get any pics. The drivers side is still a little lower so this weekend me and a friend are gonna pull the coil out and run a piece of heater hose on top of it. Then I'll try to get some pics.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got the kit installed yesterday and it looks great. It was too dark and was raining when I got home to get any pics. The drivers side is still a little lower so this weekend me and a friend are gonna pull the coil out and run a piece of heater hose on top of it. Then I'll try to get some pics.

How much gas is in the truck...? Could make a little difference since the tank is on the driver's side.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Would not the 2011 and 12 have the same suspension did mine myself took like 45 mins lol i hate paying people to work on my truck.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
How much gas is in the truck...? Could make a little difference since the tank is on the driver's side.
Not really i have a full tank and empty tank and truck is always level

Make sure they put it in right and you might need the 1/4 spacers do not put heater hose on the spring thats just asking for problems. Jack it up make sure the springs are set right and if so just call groundforce they will send you spacers for free

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really i have a full tank and empty tank and truck is always level

Make sure they put it in right and you might need the 1/4 spacers do not put heater hose on the spring thats just asking for problems. Jack it up make sure the springs are set right and if so just call groundforce they will send you spacers for free
I was gonna do it myself because I usually do this kind of thing myself but I guess I got a little lazy. I think I will give Ground Force a call. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I agree with dodgert, by the time the truck is jacked up it only takes about 30 seconds to pull out the springs so you can very easily check to make sure they are installed right.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I forgot to mention that the it was already lower on the drivers side before the kit was installed so it could just be the way the truck sits anyway. When I get a chance I'll check out the springs. I've replaced front ones before I'm sure they seat the same way.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^you'll be amazed, they almost fall out when the truck is lifted all the way off the ground lol. They literally just sit there.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Nope, you may not need any tools at all (other than a jack and jack stands...). My stock springs were actually kind of "tight" so I used a large screwdriver to "pry" them out, but it was pretty easy. Actually, IIRC I was able to compress the one with just arm strength enough to pull it out freely. I think the passenger side though I just barely wasn't strong enough (probably used up all my energy on the driver side lol) so used the screwdriver.

I wouldn't use hose either, but that's JMO. Seems half arsed to me, and probably would end up compressing over time.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I bet you kick yourself for not installing it yourself once you see how simple it is lol. Hope you get it corrected, from what I see on the forum GF is good about hooking people up with the proper spacers.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Or get a really fat g/f and mke her ride in the passenger side LOL let me know how you make out with spacers i have a set i can sent you worse case.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey where you at in ga im in alpharetta
Just south of Hampton. Sorry I didn't respond sooner I wasn't able to get online yesterday. I called GF and they are shipping me a spacer for free. The guy I talked to was nice. He said these 4th gen Rams are all over the place with different heights. He said people have told him lots of different stock measurements. He also said my problem was very common. If I don't get it by the end of next week I'll give them another call.:smileup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts