DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I too have grounded the TB after reading through threads on various forums. It was done about a month ago and I have noticed some improvements in throttle response and general idle of my truck. Pre grounding she would idle around 700 rpm and post grounding she idles around 500 rpm. The way I look at it......FREE mod, (10 guage and connectors in the shop, and 20 minutes to install). IF you want more info google "grounding throttle body on dodge ram" there is alot of talk on this.

Cheers!

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
There was a guy (I think cdnoilram) that explained why it does nothing, and how it could actually be harmful. I didn't understand it but trusted his explanation.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hahaha. I never heard of this before. But if you have any understanding of how the TB work(components in it, etc), and a little "electrical" knowledge, you would understand that "the grounded TB mod" is ridiculous.
I think this probably started from people that really don't know much about modern engines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.