DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off,09 ram 1500 4x4 quad cab 5.9 60,000 miles
ok i put a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on the front and a spacers in the back,truck looks awesome,took the truck in with the factory 20 inch wheels and got a alinment all was great,didnt take it in for two day after i got all this done,and put about 100 miles on it before it got alliended,so i got it done and i got after market 20" rims and new tires but factory size,after i did all that maybe a couple 1000 miles i would guess i felt a shake in the front end on the drivers side front,was not bad didnt have time to get it checked because it seem to only do it at 60-70 mph and was not that bad at all,now i took teh truck in for the tie rod recall and they said thay replaced them,ok still had the shake,now i drove it for a good time still doing it at times,not i got the tires rotated and its bad,happens all the time 50-7- mph i guess and also sometimes on high speed turns,i have heard about the death wobble and have did some reading on it but i dont think this is it,and help fast would be great,i do love the truck and the power and what a wonderful ride it had before all of this....please help me
thanks craig

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Some of the better tire shops have the Hunter 9700 Road Force Balance machine
It is the best current way to get your wheel & tire balanced

http://www.gsp9700.com/

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
And you dont have a 5.9, you have a 5.7. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Im just betting its got an uneven weight, when i went mudding with my truck it was wobblin for a couple days, and even after it wobbled, after a few car washes the wobble went away, but mine was mud yours is probably weight, especially if its an aftermarket issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any fix for the problem of a vibration at 60+? I have a 2010 crew cab with 24's that does the exact same thing. Bought new rear tires and had the tires balanced twice, hasn't gone away. Thinking I need to try the road force balance, haven't heard of that befor. weird thing is the vibration comes and goes...need some help. Very frustrating for such an expensive truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts