DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well iv run into my first problem with my new h.i.ds from retro solutions but up to this point they have worked absolutley perfect and have had no problems with them but now i have a light out on one of my low beams but when ever i turn my lights on it will flicker for a few seconds and then completly go out :( i havnt really had a chance to look real far into this problem as of yet because im on shift right now and dont go on days off till wednesday but some helpful tips on what to check for will be greatly apreciated:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
On my old SUV, I had the plug and play ebay HID kit and everything worked well after a month. But, then the same problem happened to me like your describing. See if you can reroute your power wire to your battery so you can get constant DC power to your ballast. With the cheap ballast, AC power won't hold up and keep a charge. Check your wire diagram and you can possibly try the same thing (with a fuse in-between of course). If another person has had the same problem on this board, feel free to shed some light onto this.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info bud and i will defently look into that

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you have the wire harness with your Retro kit like I do for my 2010 you have direct power to the battery don't you? Have you called Retro? They are supposed to be really good with support. I just installed mine last weekend so no problems with mine but I did notice the wiring was pretty beefy on the harness & felt that should alleviate some of the problems I read about prior to ordering my kit. Good luck, hope it get's fixed right away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just a question for you guys who bought from retro-solutions. Which HID kit did you go with, the night vision, economy, or digital brand?

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went digital with lows and fogs also and i had time to switch the bulbs around and they both work so it must be the ballast on that one side but i have a new ballast on the way right now and should be here next week but yes retro solutions do have excellent customer service and i recomend them to anyone i hear that want h.i.ds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts