DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do u guys think i have heard some positives and negatives on both but im planning on running tru duals using magnaflow mufflers and im debating on which bridge to use. any ideas or experience in this would be fantastic

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
For a stock-ish motor I've always heard H-pipe...but this is from the old 5.0 days. X-pipes are more performance oriented....I think :) Wait for a better answer!

·
Registered
187 Posts
ive never heard about a x or h on a truck only on cars! i have a ypipe on my truck. true duals is a waist of money im my opnion.. just get one muffler and go duals out the muffler half the money and still give you the same performance and sound!.. you dont need true duals unless u got 500+ hp wont really do anything for you. but waist alot of money

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
H pipe is better than non connected true duals, x pipe is better than H pipe. Shouldn't be any negative effects unless you go with an overly small diameter (like 1") so if you go with stock tubing size you'll pick up alot of power with any setup.

E

·
0 Posts
What he ^^^^ said! The x-pipe configuration is more efficient, gas flows easier across the transition and there is less resonance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One thing I know is that Flowmaster recommends the use of an H pipe with all of there mufflers, also all of the performance shops exhaust shops that I have talked to also recommends the H pipe, However if you are using magnaflow I would call them up and ask them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys im looking into it unfortunatley i have slew of other problems that keep plaging me so hopefully i can get a fix here soon

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I went from a custom x pipe to just true duals, and I noticed no real difference. My exhaust is all kinds of custom though. It was y piped, which then ran to one cat, which then y'd out to two flowmasters. Now it's just true duals with dual cats. I honestly couldn't tell the difference in power between the two, but the sound did change a little. I think the sound change was because the old cat was defective and the new cats were actually working right.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so to save some cash ill just do a 1 in and 2 out setup cuz im not too crazy about the loud sound as much as performance and if theres no diff in perf why waist teh money

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure if it helps now but hearthrob used an h-pipe and a y-pipe on a mustang and the h-pipe made something like 20 more horsepower (I think) over the y.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I doubt it was that big of a difference maybe more like 5 hp difference. A 20 hp diff is a rediculous statement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts