DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pretty bad storms came through Dallas-Fort Worth area yesterday.. came home to find this :smiledown:. Dents are on every body panel except for the tailgate, and the windshield is cracked.

Hopefully all goes well with insurance. I wouldnt even be against taking a good offer from insurance to total it so I can upgrade to a hemi.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
yes, sorry to see that bro. hope all turns out really good for you. that must have been freaky

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I've got full coverage. A couple of spots will need paint for sure, but the majority could be paintless. Insurance said they will get with me next week probably.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I am glad that no one was injured to badly during all those tornadoes

I hate for you to have had damage to your Ram, hopefully your insurance will take care of it completely.

I think about all those new vehicles on the car lots that get damaged during heavy hail storms, just like those vehicles caught in floods, some ruthless dealers will try selling them at full price & not report the damage to Carfax, etc.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sorry to hear about that bud. Hope everything gets fixed an good to go!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Totaled IMHO...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Totaled IMHO...
Yeah that's how I feel too.. It will never be the same truck again and with the damage on record the resale value will suffer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Holy crap!!! Hope insurance covers everything!!

Sucks for the people walking the streets when this went down if it cracked the plastic!

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
WOW......That's crazy,......Sorry to see that.....Glad everyone is ok though....Keep us updated on the repairs......

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow lots of damage on the vehicle, something we cannot prevent from happening,best of liuck with the repairs.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
wow thats crazy dude so srry to hear of this but hopefully it will turn out in ur favor so do you know whats gonna happen with it yett?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've been through vehicle hail repair several times. Some insurance companies won't even try PDR if there are more than 1-2 dozen sizeable hail dents on a particular panel. With today's prices, it doesn't take a lot of 'replace this panel' to total a vehicle.

Darin

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I have an appointment with insurance today at 4PM to have them take a look at it, and from what it sounded like on the phone - might get a check from them today also. Ill keep you posted.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright well my insurance wrote up an estimate of $5600 worth of repairs and if the shop needs more (he said they most likely will) then they will take care of any additional costs. Replacing the hood, the roof, and the passenger side door mirror cover.

I have a couple questions for you guys:
1. Should I take it to the dealer to repair? Money isnt an issue because its all covered by my insurance - but I have a couple good body shops in town that I am considering.
2. Should I have the shop order a different hood than the OEM SLT model? I am tempted to get something with some ram air vents or scoops..

The truck also had a couple minor dings before the hail that I am going to try and talk the shop into throwing in with the repairs for free (or at least free to me).

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Good to hear that insurance will cover the costs

If you really want the Performance hood, now is the best time to do it, you will likely have to get the shop to approve the replacement, i don't know if the dealer would OK it

Good Luck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts