DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I don’t know if this exists but I’m hoping someone might know.

I’m looking for a cover that can fold up to some degree that will give me 2-4 addition inches of height for storage in the bed. I currently have a ram hard top tonneau which gives me 21 inches but I need 22-24.
I have seen the diamondback covers. I know they have studs which limit some areas. But overall their tech support says in the peaks I should I get almost 2 inches. But they can’t guarantee we that is not what it is meant for.

I have looked at normal covers but I don’t like it not folding. Also I do not want a full topper for many reasons.

So does anyone know of anything or have any ideas for help.

Or can anyone confirm the diamondback gives 2 more inches of clearance?

thanks

·
Registered
993 Posts
Some rectangular aluminum 2x3 used as a spacer , on top of the side rails might work .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting idea. Hadn’t thought of that. I could rhino line it and mount it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I raise it up on the sides how would I go about sealing the back section above the tailgate? No way to attach aluminum and would not want to to the tail gate.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Vern is talking about something like this.

Plant Product Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper

I did find some "stretchy" covers though

Reactions: 14vern

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vern is talking about something like this.

View attachment 139841

I did find some "stretchy" covers though

I like that look and idea. I just can’t seem to find who makes them in just the lid and not a full bed kit for 7K.
I worry with stretchy about it being cut and items stolen. I carry a lot of tools for work so.

·
Registered
14 Ram Express
231 Posts
So if I raise it up on the sides how would I go about sealing the back section above the tailgate? No way to attach aluminum and would not want to to the tail gate.
Rubber flap kind of end piece maybe...

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Well it looks like you are gonna have to design something yourself since you don't want a shell. Not really a lot of options, even an over the rail one wouldn't give you that much clearance. So it looks like you'll have to do what you don't want to do and get a top.

That insert I posted is from the UK, not for fullsize trucks.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had a similar ARE cover to what jc4041 posted and it gave me an additional couple inches over the bed rails and was an excellent cover.
A few inches doesn't seem like much but it allowed me to carry race fuel jugs and a few other items that would have never fit under a flush cover.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

And yes, there is a standup jetski under there that would fit as long as I had the hood pulled off.

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts