DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I want to get a set of spyder halo projector headlights and they have the option of LED or CCFL. What I have read is the CCFL is brighter, they are almost the same in price. My other question is what is required to put HID's in the lights? The lights in question I would prolly put like 8k HID in them if possible, please help someone or give me your input or experience, any help is greatly appreciated. These are my next mod to do on the list.
Thanks

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
I got my Spyders off Amazon and although they look good, the output is rather dismal. But I've got HID's in my fogs, so that makes up for the dismal light output. The HID's I bought for the Spyder heads what the bulb that will fit the Spyder. I think I had to make a modification or two to the weather grommet, but that was it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, so if I get this correct it doesn't matter which lights you get LED or CCFL because you swap the halo's out for an HID conversion set? I havn't looked for the conversion kit yet but I will soon. As for the output of them, I want to make the headlights HID and I plan on being creative with lightbars... I'll leave it at that because I don't want to give anything away as I have never seen it before and like you said in my other thread, bragging rights! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I did some more research and can't seem to find an HID conversion. I did see though (I think, I'm new to all this so bear with me), that these conversion kits swap the whole halo out for HID ones right? So if thats the case I will buy the cheaper LED ones and just swap them out. If anyone has HID halos or got the conversion kit or has ANY experience with this topic PLEASE chime in with some help. Like I said, I'm clueless here and help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Just the head light is HID. The CCFL or LED lights stay the way they are.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
ccfl is way brighter and you dont swap out the ring (led or ccfl) you swap out the hid bulb and the hid bulb you need for a spyder headlight is an h-1

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, thanks. Looks like I'll be getting CCFL as everyone agrees the LED just aren't bright enough. @dodgert I need the H-1 bulb, have you done this already? I read someone's review on the headlights that the H-1 didn't fit or something along those lines. Any truth? What brightness should I get for bulbs (where also please) I live in the middle of no where so people flashing me wont be much of an issue. I also plan on doing some light bar stuff later on but for now HID headlights will work. Thanks for the help guys!
EDIT: Found these, thinking 8k cool blue.anyone have experience with this site? or any recommendations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts