DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order a set of LT275/65/20 for my leveled 2012 CC and I am on the fence between the Nitto Terra Grappler and the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10.

Can anyone on here tell me if one is any better than the other? IMO they both look good and have the same specs so mainly I would be looking for some info on treadwear.

Most of the reviews and comments seem to be by people who have just bought them and haven't put very many miles on them yet.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
From what I here the hankooks wear great!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've posted about the Hankooks previously so I'm just going to copy/paste. I have no experience with the Nittos hower.

I can personally vouch for Hankook's Dynapro ATM RF10 tire. Best tire I've had on any vehicle. Period. I put a set of these on my 2wd Dakota and it changed how that truck handled in every possible way for the better.

You're worried about snow? These tires do not let go. Not once. Not ever. And I don't baby it in the snow either. I'm the lunatic that goes blowing by at 60 mph when everyone else is going 30.

These are very quiet on the pavement despite their aggressive look. They wear well and Hankook was(when I purchased them. not sure now) claiming 50k mile tread life. I recently traded my
Dakota and the Dynapros had 38k on them. I have no doubt there is at least another 15k on those tires before they need to be replaced.

I sound like a Hankook salesman...oi vey.

These tires were a new model when I bought them, so I did so with very little consumer feedback. Do a google search today and you'll find literally hundreds of positive reviews.

If I wasn't planning to lift my new Ram, I'd already have a set of the Dynapros on it. I haven't checked, but they might be a bit cheaper than the Nittos. Good luck and I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I got my Nittos last year in November and have put about 17xxx miles on them and the tread is still great. If I can I'll try and get a picture up for you of what the tread is.

As for the tires themselves, I love them. I've had a lot of tire and wheel problems before on previous vehicles (don't even get me started with the stories) and I have had no problem with the Nittos since I got them. I needed them to be good in the snow as well as normal driving and they have done everything I have asked.

I love 'em!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just bought a second set of rims for the winter and have been shopping for AT's and came across a good deal on some General Grabber AT at Canadian Tire. Buy 3 get 1 free. Great looking tire and is available in a good range of sizes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts