DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update/Edit: I found my answer and got it done....found the fuse box under the steering wheel and used an 'add a fuse' ....so, never mind my questions below

Got my handy dandy hard wire kit......has a cool lil inline fuse so I don't necessarily have to use an "add a fuse" from the auto store.......came with a lil t-tap connector that allows me to tap into a wire, which I wasn't going to do.

I was going to get an "add a fuse" and do it that way until I just noticed......there is no fuse box inside? It's only in the engine compartment? My kit/wire is long enough to reach there and I can actually use an "add a fuse" ........or I can tap into a wire, but where? I took the panel off inside, nearest the door and see wires in there.......or should I run it to the fuse box.

uggggghhh

·
Registered
67 Posts
Be careful. I have a 2017 Pacifica I installed a hardwired USB box so I could charge phones while the car was off and at some point later the horn quit working. I had it checked and at first the tech tried to blame my modification until I pointed out that my mod is stand alone straight to the battery (well the battery terminal in the engine fuse box)
They found the problem but I’ve since been careful while under warranty and my van called for a fuse box inside as well and only has one outside in the engine compartment.

Personally I use Waze as people call out police units pretty accurately, that and I don’t really speed so don’t see the need in my case.

·
Registered
2018 1500 Sport
168 Posts
Comes on with ignition. Same as my Challenger.

20180421_161623.jpg

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts