DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I didn't pay attention when I bought it but our R/T's have this for tow specs.

It's right at half the max of a similar Reg Cab with Hemi. I know there is one guy in Canada (not on this forum) who has towed his Challenger with his R/T using a UHaul and had no issues but the car and Trailer is right at the limit

R/T Features included in base price
■5,050 lb Max Towing; 1,412 lb Max Payload, When Properly Equipped

·
Registered
80 Posts
My options were R/T or pontoon boat. Opted for the R/T so don't have anything to tow with it yet. I did get the tow package for later use though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=74108

I haven't done any towing yet, hopefully this helps a bit.
Thanks...guess there's a few R/T's in Canada...the guy that has towed his Challenger with his '11 R/T goes buy Mulisha911 but has dropped off the interweb as of late.

He did reply to a ? I posted asking how did he get UHaul to sign off on his R/T showing as not being able to to their 'drive on' auto trailer and a modern LX vehicle. He said he told them was towing a Neon so I guess they bought it.

That said I guess I could hook it up and takes pics then pull up a real truck to tow it wherever I'm going.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I tow a very lightweight bass boat with mine (Allison XB2003). I have no issues but I didn't have any issues towing it with my RT Dakota either. The 4 link is pretty soft IMHO but could probably be helped with air bags if you wanted to tow a little more weight.

Westy

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ive towed twice down to south fl from washington dc with my R/T no issues or strain, thats approx 1100 miles each way. Two HDs in an enclosed trailer with full gear weighing approx 5,000 lbs. I averaged about 17 mpg and I have a 2/4 MCgaughy lowering kit. Thats flat runs, going north would probably be different on mileage due to extensive hill runs..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tow my '67 dart to and from local and track within a few hundred miles of my house. Have towed friends '69 chevelle with it from Kansas City to Wichita. Also picked up a car(rx-7) for friend from denver and towed back to Wichita.
Hmm also towed a 12' enclosed u-haul from Clay City Illionis back to Wichita. It does squat the truck a bit more then I like but has no problem pulling at all. Have thought about getting some helper bags to help on the squat some.

Troy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts