DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but when I see someone driving a nice ram I feel like we have something in common (both being ram owners, putting a lift, tires, etc on our trucks) So I can't help but flash my headlights at him to see if he is thinking what I am thinking. And I have yet to get a flash back. So I was wondering if I'm just crazy or has anybody else done this. lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Usually a flash of the lights to another driver is to give a heads up for a speed trap ahead or theyre driving with their high beams on.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,226 Posts
I don't flash my lights, but I give a little hand gesture if my window is down. I know when I used to have my old truck that was jacked up I would wave and honk at most other jacked up trucks.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yeah I don't flash my lights unless I'm warning them about a speed trap ahead. A simple hand wave on the wheel does the trick around here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't flash my lights, but I give a little hand gesture if my window is down. I know when I used to have my old truck that was jacked up I would wave and honk at most other jacked up trucks.

I do the same, typically a hand gesture. Sometimes even just a nod. 9 times out of 10... if i am looking at his, he seems to be looking at mine. Just a sign of mutual respect... :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The first couple of weeks of owning my new Ram I noticed a lot of people in other trucks or waving at me. At first I thought everyone knew me and I just didn't remember them or something but then I realized it was because of the truck! lol It seems to be anyone with a decent truck will wave, not just a Ram around here. Kind of like motorcycle drivers. Motorcycle drivers don't wave at the mopeds or scooters though which I find funny because they always wave at the motorcycles.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Where I grew up, if you came across someone driving towards you, you waved, and 9.9 times out of 10 they waved back. Granted, I am from a town of 600. Now I live in KC, and people look at you awful funny if you wave, like who the heck are you and why are you waving at me.

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
The only time i have seen anyone nod was at a stop light, most of the time i am parked & someone who is also parked will say something to me or i to them.

Harley riders raise their 4 fingers off the handle bars at other Harley riders, some give a short wave or nod.
If your out in the boonies its smart to acknowledge any bike rider in some manner, you don't want to be 40 miles from civilization on a back road & need a wrench that was left out of your tool kit.
Sort of like if your driving & see someone broke down out on a desert road, you may not stop & offer assistance the first time you see them, but you do if they are still broke down when you make your return from where ever you were going. If your out on an unpaved road, you stop the first time that you see them.
It is all about recognition around town & survival out in the country or isolated areas

G

·
If my window is down, I just give them a subtle, low level wave, kinda like ya do when you are on a bike and meet one coming towards ya.

Sometimes I get a wave back, a look and a head nod and sometimes nuthin'.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's not just in similar trucks lol. In the summer months when it's nice enough to the drive the '78 Vette I get the "2 fingers waving salute" from anyone that makes eye contact. It's like the universal "yeah if we were real friends we'd be cool."

·
Registered
90 Posts
Funny Story

OK now that this thread has popped up I'll tell you my story:

My buddy had just pick up a newer Corvette and lets me test drive it with him. Driving down the road a Vette is coming the other direction, I Jokingly wave and the guy waves back, OK I chuckle, Then about 3 miles down there road another Vette coming the other direction, This guy waves at me first, now Im laughing my *ss off. Then My buddy tell me that what Vette guy's do. I had told my wife the story and she said that was just "silly".

That Very next week I picked up my new Ram. I decide to take my wife down to the Coast for a nice drive and some lunch. On the way back I was sitting at a stop light and across the intersection was a new Ram Heavy duty. The light changes and As the Rams pass each other I wave.
Well my wife went nuts. She said "did you just wave at that guy?" (this is where i get creative) I smile and tell her " Not only did I wave at him, I gave him the RAM HORNS". We both had a good laugh.

This story has been told to many of my friends and coworkers now the RamHorn Wave has a life of it's own where I live. I think it is time to make it the offical wave of all Ram owners. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Not really. I would when stationary like at a gas station or parking lot and i see a nice truck regardless of brand. I get some who come up to me as well. Some are Ram owners but mostly others like Toyota, Ford and Chevy pick up owners.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts