DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://youtu.be/x7vU4mmfgLY

im glad to bought my express for 21000 and still get 5 sec 0-60 it starts at 3sec to 8 sec. think a rt is 10000 grand more and gets a 5 sec

·
Registered
431 Posts
I love the express, but youre very wrong on the R/T price, I got mine for $26,500! And I could have gotten a cheaper R/T with less options. Any mods on your express?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Same here man and it ran a 14.8 at the t rack from a 15.8 getting it dialed in. Now with intake, chip, lowering kit and exhaust im running a 13.5

·
Registered
431 Posts
Same here man and it ran a 14.8 at the t rack from a 15.8 getting it dialed in. Now with intake, chip, lowering kit and exhaust im running a 13.5
Did you say chip? The 2011+ models have an encrypted PCM, there are no available programmers..

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In this video I am completely stock. But now have a k&n cai

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha I'm not sure about pinks but I wouldn't mind racing against a heavely modded ram to compare a baseline for me since there isn't a track around here

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No fair your modded like crazy I'm all stock

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No I never said I had chip I just got a cai but not in this CID... And the way I get traction is I feather the throttle I don't just punch it at first

·
Registered
160 Posts
dusterman you say you have a chip?
Wasn't dusterman...was this dude...

Same here man and it ran a 14.8 at the track from a 15.8 getting it dialed in. Now with intake, chip, lowering kit and exhaust im running a 13.5
how the hell do you get traction mine will sit there and spin for 3 secs and with traction control on it still spins lol
With my 2011 Express with 3.55 gears, posi and factory 20s, it wouldn't spin even with TC off...I have 275/6017s on it now, and it just annihilates the tires....spins through first into second, then hooks and downshifts back into first!! Of course this is just burying my foot in the floor on the street. MIR opens for Test 'n Tune this weekend...as long as their typically exceptional track prep is up to par, I'm looking to better my 9.2 in 1/8 and 14.3 in 1/4 to 8.9s in 1/8 and 13.9 in 1/4!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
i test drove a express and they are way to basic packaged to be a daily driver. but i would bet they are good for modding.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i test drove a express and they are way to basic packaged to be a daily driver. but i would bet they are good for modding.
A. How does this have anything to do with anything anyone else has posted in this thread??

B. Are you kidding?? When I was in my 20s I drove an 80 Mercury Capri, 4 cylinder, 4 speed, no air, no power windows, no power locks, for 2 years as my daily driver because I had to - it was all I could afford. My Express is tons nicer than that old POS was but you are saying an Express isn't good enough to be a daily driver?? The Express is marketed to young buyers, who should be appreciative to have that nice of a truck available. I actually offered to let my 17 y/o son sell his 95 Dakota (that he bought with his own money when he was 14!) and use my Express...he said "no thanks, I like my Dakota" and the Express is nicer. Too basic to be a daily driver....wish I had that silver spoon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts