DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there was black vinyl on the B-pillars on the doors of my new truck. I thought the knucklehead that owned it before me put it on there to accent the window tint. So I pulled it off. It took a while because it was applied really well. After removing it, I had to use some Goo Gone to get the adhesive off and then I washed and waxed it. Then I noticed that EVERY damn Ram I see has this vinyl on the doors! I think it looks 1000% better without it. I wonder why Dodge puts it on there to begin with?
Examples:

My truck:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could not agree with you more...that black vinyl makes my new truck look cheap..I opted to hide them with shiny mirror-surface stainless steel B Pillar appliquees. Just watch out for the sharp edge when applying as they cut my finger pretty good.
Your truck is freaking BEAUTIFUL!!! That color looks amazing. You've done it up right!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Did you guys remove all the trim and rubber weatherstrip around the door to take that off?
I was looking at it on my truck but figured I would **** up all the plastic push pins that hold it on.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope. I just peeled it off. It took a little while though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your truck is freaking BEAUTIFUL!!! That color looks amazing. You've done it up right!
Thanks Nitrox28! Still have a few mods to add such as chrome window vents and side body mouldings...I just had to hide those black vinyl B pillars first though! Yuk.

The deep molten red pearl color is one that can look black under deep shade so I get the best of both...unfortunately for everyone else looking at ordering this color, it is no longer available.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
571 Posts
mine is an 09 big horn and did not come with it either. not like you can really tell since its black......

i like i the paint much better though. looks great.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Woah, I had no idea you could remove this. I might have to do this! =D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Tape? No tape here.
Actually, I removed mine too but since everyone was sharing...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I was going to remove mine, but changed my mind. I think I actually like it better with them on. It blends the front/rear windows if both are tinted. Thinking back, I think every car I've had (a lot) has had black B/C pillars.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts