DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I'm pretty sure Onstar is GM specific, as in it is integrated into their ecm's. I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
LOL things like the embarrassing key in the ignition thing is exactly why i have AAA,
They come out & change a tire, unlock doors, tow vehicles etc. just for a small fee per year. I pay $75 annually for the service, multiple vehicles covered, & i get 3 or more tows, 1 can be up to 200 miles
You can't beat that with a big stick
I agree I like those services. I now have AMA, it is even cheaper than AAA and IMO better. It covers mine and my spouses and any dependents(if we had any) motorcycles and autos. They give a realistic towing distance too, not 5 miles like is often the case. The first time I used the service the tow truck showed up within 5 minutes! I walked to the gas station across the street to get a coke and while standing in line at the register I saw the truck and had to sprint across the street to catch him before he pulled away as no one was with the vehicle. Call me a liar, but it's true haha.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I have solved the locked keys problem by welding a little box that fits into my receiver hitch and is locked by a combination hitch pin. I cover the whole thing with a rubber receiver plug. So my spare door key (not the FOB) rides with me back there all the time and is only a quick turn of (4) tumblers away from use should I accidentally lock my keys in the truck. I call it my Hitch Cubby!
That's a great idea, but you just told everyone your secret! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.