DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
One of the reasons that i did NOT buy a 1/2 ton Chevy was because of the ONSTAR, i don't need the government knowing where i am
I consider it being a spying bug for the government, but that is just me

If your vehicle is stolen, they can find it easily, as long as the power source is turned on
If someone is driving it unauthorized, ONSTAR can shut it down to 2 cylinders, just enough to let the vehicle have brakes & steering, all they need is request from the police
If you are in an accident, it notifies the ONSTAR people
If you have remote door locks, they can unlock them in case of a lockout

Before long just about all new vehicles will have it,
FORD calls it SYNC,
MOPAR will call it EVTS, Mopar EVTS offers nationwide tracking without a subscription, and it will available for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram Truck vehicles and vehicles with a 16-pin diagnostic data port.
Mopar introduces Electronic Vehicle Tracking System, helping you locate cars -

By the way, if you use a Smartphone, there is an APP for GPS Tracking
Also you can be tracked with your cell phone, if it is a newer model
Also with a smartphone, you can get an APP to unlock your own doors, auto start it too
(remember the tv ads about the lady unlocking her husbands vehicle from the airport & starting it from there too ? )

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
LOL things like the embarrassing key in the ignition thing is exactly why i have AAA,
They come out & change a tire, unlock doors, tow vehicles etc. just for a small fee per year. I pay $75 annually for the service, multiple vehicles covered, & i get 3 or more tows, 1 can be up to 200 miles
You can't beat that with a big stick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.