DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Has anyone tried these? AAC HOD bulbs?

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  brondondolon 
#1 ·
They only have white and yellow colors, so that kinda bums, but has anyone tried these? I'm not about to spend the upwards of $300 on good HIDs at the moment, but these might be an alternative.

They're from Advanced automotive concepts, and made by Oracle, so I assume they're pretty decent. Thoughts?

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/ORACLEHOD.aspx

#3 · (Edited)
Get yourself a decent HID kit and light up your way, ebay sellers are a 50 - 50 thing, sometimes there good, sometimes not so good. JMO but I would not buy a blue bulb, I tried to see what the wattage was for those bulbs but you can't find nothing on the site, and what you can find is so blurred out that you can't read it, and I run a 28 in screen. There package also indicates that it also comes with a relay harness, to me this sounds like a high wattage bulb and this is why they have the extra socket and a wire harness as they say "for extra protection", reading the information on the package just makes it sound like another one of those high wattage / melt your stock wires chinese kits. I would not touch it. JMO

#4 ·
Get yourself a decent HID kit and light up your way, ebay sellers are a 50 - 50 thing, sometimes there good, sometimes not so good. JMO but I would not buy a blue bulb, I tried to see what the wattage was for those bulbs but you can't find nothing on the site, and what you can find is so blurred out that you can't read it, and I run a 28 in screen. There package also indicates that it also comes with a relay harness, to me this sounds like a high wattage bulb and this is why they have the extra socket and a wire harness as they say "for extra protection", reading the information on the package just makes it sound like another one of those high wattage / melt your stock wires chinese kits. I would not touch it. JMO
money, money, money. I will eventually get nice HIDS. But for $45 you don't think they would be a way to tide someone over? Haha. And yeah, I didn't see anything about the relay! So you're probably right on that.

Umm you can buy a HID kit for less than those bulbs..
I've never seen any kit for as low as $45. Yes, I've seen cheap kits. But those are the "usually" Cheaply made kits. Like Asur said, Ebay sellers are a 50-50 shot. I would rather save a bit longer and get a nice kit, backed by a legit and good warranty, and something that I know will have a fantastic output.

If you have any links to a legit HID kit for 45 dollars, by all means post it though... :Hey::smileup:

#6 ·
all the kits are the same. Its all the same shit from china. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise..

There so cheap, buy a few sets or spares.
I'm going to tell you otherwise as I've been down this road! They are not all the same and I'm sure a few others here will tell you same thing. The cheap ones don't work! I went the halogen upgrade route then went on to cheap HID's. The cheap HID's are not worth the tin the ballasts are built out of. The connections fail, the ballasts don't fire all the time the list is endless. When it comes to lighting there really isn't anyway around it, spend the money on quality and you will literally see the difference. It's an ugly truth but the more you spend the better it gets!

#7 ·
haha, im not going to put HIDs in the crappy, moisture filled headlights I have now. So when I get new headlights, I plan on doing some LED halo modding, plus HIDs, so that all adds up and I plan on doing it pretty much all at once. so I gotta save a bit first!

#14 ·
very affordable. Like I'm not sure if they're legit its that cheap. hahaha.

I noticed that 9004 bulbs are for lows, or High/Low. Can i not get just a 9004 for my highs, and then another 9004 for my lows? Or just oder 2 lows? haha

But yeah. $45 for possible good HIDs does sound like a fantastic idea. My only problem is that its aloott cheaper than the standard $200-300.

#15 ·
I have heard of good things about DDM before and they do also offer a lift-time warranty behind their products which is good.

My set was $100 cash from a sketchy performance shop in my city which is sopose to have a year warranty.. But anytime I went down there they were always closed :LOL:

#16 ·
I had DDM and they are all in the trash now! Ballasts were absolute junk! Could even be a temperature thing....maybe they just can't handle Canadian winters :D

#18 ·
I have one DDM ballast left from a set of 2 that a friend had me order, lasted 6 months and one died, I keep it as a spare in case one of my 3 sets of digital from Retrosolutions on my vehicles dies or one of the over 13 sets sold to friends and family goes, the oldest is 1 3/4 years and the youngest is about 6 months, not one defective product, not one issue with cold or hot or flicker. Never had to use the spare DDM canbus ballast. :SHOCKED:

#19 ·
you can get a ddm hid kit for 45. i think for the price you cant beat them. ive installed ddm tunings kit on 9 cars so far and only 1 kit gave me any problems but they have a life time warranty so there was no hassle. i currently have retrosolutions 55w digital kit in my head lights and fogs and they cost me an arm and a leg and from my personal experience ill never recomend them to any one or buy from them again. what initially swayed me to them was reports of exceptional customer service and an all around great product. when i installed the retrosolution kit on my truck one of my bulbs was a greenish yellow as if it was going out. i emailed retrosolutions and they claim i did something wrong and in order to correct the issue id have to take a volt meter and do all these tests... aint nobody got time for that! on top of that i sadly dont own or even know how to use a volt meter. so now im just waiting till one goes out and im forced to buy another kit. so in my opinion ddm is the way to go if you are on a budget. stay away from retrosolutions as far as im concerned.

#20 ·
lol sorry asur i didnt read all the posts before i made mine. My post was by no means an attack on yours. i am just very unhappy with retrosolutions and if any one ever asked me about them id tell them my experience. for some weird reason i have a fasination with lights, i must have been a moth in a past life lol, so i dont mind spending top dollar on quality lights. HID in particular. but personally when i bought retrosolutions i thought i was getting a top quality product and it was far from it. For 35w hid kits i think ddm is the way to go. as far as the 55w kit ddm sells its a 35w bulb with a 55w ballast so it isnt a true 55w kit so id never put their 55w kit in my truck. i dont know what kit ill be getting next thats something im gonna have to look into.

Reactions: Asur
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.