DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the 3.0 Uconnect...but in my center compartment I have the spot where I can connect media via USB.

What would happen if I attached a bluetooth USB dongle there and paired it with my phone?

I was looking for a way to wirelessley use iHeartRadio/Pandora/Spotify without a bunch of hardware and so I can change the "station" without being hooked to a wire, etc.).

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't know about Connect 3.o, but can't you just pair your phone directly to the radio?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would say probably not. The radio would need the support for the dongle and you would have no way to pair your phone unless the radio could somehow interface with the radio.

·
Registered
326 Posts
though it's not like a USB dongle would break the bank to try....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Think of the USB drive or SD card as a hard drive with data on it. The Uconnect can look at the drive and see the data.

So, if you have music and programs recorded on your phone that media can in principle be found on the phone as it appears as a hard drive. There can still be many ways it could fail, but in principle the data is there on the phine/hard drive.

Now, music services stream the music to the phones speakers. The Uconnect has no way to get that music without some complex of additional programs to hook into the phones music data stream. There is no preexisting music data files on the phones storage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts