DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2019s have been out for quite some time now and I have yet to see one in the wild. Sure, plenty of them on the dealer lots, but NONE on the road. I drive frequently in the GTA, from Burlington to Richmond Hill, so plenty of QEW, 401, 400, 403. I go to Waterloo every week and Algonquin/Bancroft every weekend. Still none, and trust me, I keep my eyes out there.
I, for one, despise the new prices, they are absolute highway robbery. How many have you seen? Not a friends truck or a meet, just one in the wild.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've scene 3 or 4 in the last couple weeks. One on the interstate, one at the car wash, and a couple just driving around in town. I think they have all been Delmonico Red so that must be a popular color.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, but thats in the states, with the $ conversion, a limited here is $82.000; i've seen none in Ontario so far.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
i saw one earlier today for first time not bad but i dont feel like i have to run and get one when my lease is up in a year, im buying mine i like our 4 generation rams better hey but thats me.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've seen one in person and its a decent looking truck but I agree its not awesome to the point of where I just have to run out and buy one. The prices are still too high and seem to bounce around at my dealer on almost a daily basis. There's really no point in giving them much though until the prices are more in line with what I paid for mine(39K OTD) OF course if you look at some Dennis Dillon trucks online the prices will make you sick.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I saw one about a week ago...only one in the wild.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Even living in the big city of dallas TX and driving 32 miles round trip to work, half on the highway, I have still not seen a gen 5. LOTS of gen 4s though!
Only gen 5's I have seen were on dealer lots.
I think this says something...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha, i would expect texas to be there on top but i guess money talks, after all.
might see big discounts by the end of the year...
probably this is one of the reasons they still sell the "classic"

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
In a couple of months, 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cabs, that will look like the 2009 - 2018 Ram 1500s will start being built in Saltillo Mexico

It will be called the 2019 Ram 1500 CLASSIC

Maybe they will have some of the fancy new gizmos that the 2019 Ram 1500s that are being built in Sterling Heights Michigan :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I bet that you will see some at Moparfest

Coming up next month in Ontario

https://moparfest.com/

Moparfest Canada's Largest All Mopar Car Show

Moparfest 2018 is on August 18 & 19, 2018 – always the 3rd weekend

Wilmot Recreation Complex –
Address: 1291 Nafziger Road , Baden, ON N3A 0C4

·
Registered
207 Posts
I see a couple a day here in SW Louisiana. I’m actually at the dealership now getting the cc flash recall. I just don’t love the new ones at all. I think I’d get another sport or the Tungsten limited if I had to buy one now.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i finally saw on the road this morning, boy, it took 30 seconds to kick in.
The rear end looked GMC to me, but the emblem did not fit...and driving along, it suddenly hit me - holy crap, the first one in the wild. A black sport.
Actually not impressed, they look a bit more feminine, they lack that grunt, mean look. Disappointed.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I am in Connecticut on vacation now

I saw the first 2019 Ram being driven yesterday, i had to do a double take, it was coming up a Highway Ramp as i was driving away from a small country town
It was a Reddish color, possibly a Delmonico Red, the Sun was hitting it directly, so i could not tell for sure

·
Registered
921 Posts
I finally saw one on the road yesterday. Was a darker red sport. Kinda disappointing, blends right in with the other vehicles on the road. I think FCA made a huge blunder with this new styling. Looked at them on a dealer's lot over the weekend. The only one I would even consider is the Rebel. The rest are just blah.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just saw a black laramie sport. Great looking truck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I saw my first 2019 being driven in the wild here in NEPA about 2 weeks ago. I didn't get a long look as it was headed in the opposite direction on a highway. I only knew because the RAM grill.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
saw a bunch at might dealer yesterday but i think i only saw 3 on the road so far, but ill tell you been seeing lots of chevys and gmc lately.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts