DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to get from HDMI to standard RCA (Red, White, Yellow)?
I have a ton of movies on my Blackberry Playbook and if I could tie it into the VES in the truck would make life a boat load easier. This way the wife can hold the playbook and watch what the boys are seeing in the back. I've searched google and it doesn't appear this can be done.
Anyone have any input on how I can pull this off?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
well one way would be to cut a hdmi cable a a rca cable take one piece of each, strip the inside wires and try connecting the wires togetter,... until you get sound and video,.

their shoulnd be that much wire in there so after a few try you should get some result

they only thing, i dont think the hdmi signal is the same as normal rca, sometimes when you plug a dvd/bd player, you have to go in the menu to chose between the two, other times it configures itself

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the big problem is that HDMI is a digital signal vs. RCA's which is an analog signal. I'll have to get one of those powered conversion boxes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If any site has a converter it will be Monoprice but there won't be a simple device that sends a HDMI signal to a three part analog output {Video, R+L Audio}.

You can get a device that sends HDMI to a VGA output with R+L Audio but you then have to convert the VGA to a composite video signal {think low level frontside VCR inputs where you hooked up a video camera}.

Either way its a mess of wires which I guess might last one road trip but good luck anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts