DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have read treads where folks mentioned the issue w being tall and not enough head room. I just got my 2018 last friday and dropped it off at a local welding shop this morning. Here is what I asked and he did perfect:

drilled out the rovets connecting the seat track to the "feet". this will allow me to reuse them if i trade in or sell

create a new bracket that runs just over the front rise where the bolts mount back at a level plane. The back portion is somewhat offset to meet the taper of the original design, allow access to the floor box, and use all factory bolt holes.

then the seat track was marked on the new bracket, holes were drilled, and bolts were used to mount the track to the new bracket. again bolting allows it to be removed and bolted (vs riveted) back to (somewhat) stock.

End result is approx 3-4 inches lower in height and per my request the seat now sets back about 4 inches. Seat moves back and forth just like stock as well. He used thick steel flat bar and the biggest bolts the seat track would allow for safety and stability.

Best $159 my big, tall tail ever spent in my truck. Hope this helps anyone out there experiencing the same cramp issues lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
So, exactly how tall are you? Im 6ft and the kid is 6ft2, there is a ton of space.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Yeah crew cabs have a ton of space. Even my quad cab has enough space for me (5'8")

1 - 4 of 4 Posts