DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for months, and I mean more like a year, I have been chasing an exhuast leak. Its been faint, but getting increasingly worse. Now my truck is 8 years old with 170K on it so shit doesnt fit like stock anymore which is fine, but Ive been through mufflers and exhaust gaskets and everything you could think of from front to back.

Then a few weeks ago, it got loud, and i mean like annoyingly loud so i know something finally let go and I was going to find a gasket some where (assuming it was from my ARH LTs to my y pipe) and was over joyed. Well I. WAS. WRONG. I had a few friends over tonight for the normal pizza bear and work on the car guys night (usually its the corvette getting working on)

and as soon as we pulled eveyrhting apart and pulled the wheel liner out we saw this. Ive never seen stainless headers fail like this before. Ive sent a message to ARH about them, but I am mistified. For the time being Im puting stock manifolds and cats back on (im hopefully trading the Ram in this fall on a 4Runner anyway) but every step possible to fight us the truck fought us tonight. it took just shy of 4 hours to get the headers off and then i found out the ARH bolts arent long enough to put the stock manifolds back on so in the morning its off to HD to get stuff to finish the job.

In the process we ended up just cutting all 4 02 sensors off becuse we couldnt get them out of the collectors or the y pipe (like turned them so hard they stripped) even after soaking them in liquid wrench. So im looking at the autozone website and some say left and some say right, though it looks like downstream or upstead doesnt matter, so do our trucks have certain angles for left and right or will any/all work in any location? ITs been a long as night and an even longer adventure with this damn truck lol

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Sounds like you may be better off trading it in now rather than waiting until fall.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Usually the leads are longer on one side vs. the other OR the connector is different. The angle is the same on all 4, ie. straight.
Get the ones for the positions you need, or if the connectors are all the same at least get 4 with the longest lead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts