DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with my interior lights and my headlights... with the interior lights; my dome light will not come on when I open the door. The only time it comes on is when I have the key in th ignition....is this the same with all Dodge's?? Second part of my question is about my headlights.... get ready it might get confusing... I turn on my headlights I put them on low beam and they are extremely dim... I switch to high beams and they are as bright as my low beams are supposed to be.... when I have my low beams on and I turn on my fog lights the headlights turn off and will not come back on until I turn the fog lights off.... I'm no electrician but this is not right. any and all help is welcome......

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Id say that you need to replace switch indash if it has factory fogs. Then check ground for headlghts its beside driver headlight. Then go to relay under hood it might b going weak.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ya that's a issue for sure so as far as intirior I'm at a loss but I found my book iif I get time ill look into it

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ok looked and might have solution to intirior lamps there is a timedelay relay in fuse block (depending on optins). Now if the prob with fogs is caused by a booged up switch. This could be all linked together being dash switch also controls intirior lights. When key is turned on it activates timer until truck starts also is activated when door is opend. That runs through dash swithch. Full time power curcit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts