DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my few complaints about my 2011 Ram is the forward lighting. IMO it's pretty dim, and I've confirmed this by comparing to the wife's Camry. The Dodge is distinctly dimmer and doesn't reach as far (as her car) on lo-beams.

Has anyone upgraded their headlamp bulbs on this truck? I know the parts stores like Pep Boys etc. carry those uber-bright blue lights, but some of those seem to blind oncoming traffic.

I'm trying to increase the brightness without changing the color or going overboard.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
headlights

i replaced mine with phillips ultra vision the high and low beams,they are twice as bright i bought them on ebay as a package they were 60.00 for all 4 bulbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BigAl.

I just checked with my local O'Reillys parts store and they have those in stock ($49 for the pair, according to them).

I'll pick some up today and try them.

You guys are great. Got an answer in 10 minutes!

Thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
For a real improvement, upgrade to some Projectors with HIDs. It's not cheap, but well worth it! Just finished up installing mine!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
My projector houses an h1 bulb, not sure if it varies or not.

·
Registered
348 Posts
you can upgrade the bulb size from h9 to h11, just grind a tab off the bulb and it will plug right in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts