DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new headlights from UPS today and i was looking at my stock headlights and how to swap them. It looks really easy except the third bolt in the back corner of the headlight looks inaccessible because there is virtually no gap between my lights and the bumper. There definitely is not enough room for a socket to fit in there. Is that bolt accessible some other way or am I going to have to remove my bumper?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it to work. I just had to push down on the bumper and use the smallest socket I could find!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Alright so the headlights I originally ordered definitely aren't going to work. I ordered the "smoke" headlights since I like black. I was expecting a minor drop off in light output but I got a MAJOR drop, to where the high beams in the new lights were worse than my stock low beams. So I am going to return the smoke headlights. My question is, if I order the "black" style of lights do they have lower output than stock lights also? The reflectors and front aren't darker in the "black" headlights, just the housing. I can't tell if the output will be affected by the black housing or not.

Also, being new to all this, what is the difference between projector headlights and what comes stock on my truck? The projectors just look like a couple eyeballs. Do they put out more light?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I used a socket that you can put a torx bit in (or any screw driver bit) with a 6 inch extension, I couldnt go stright in towards the bolt, I had to go in on a bit of an angle than once the socket was in ther i moved it into position. try to use a 1/4" drive extension for more room

1 - 6 of 6 Posts