DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I decided to get some blacked out quad lights rather than trying to open and paint. (I tried and I quickly realized the permaseal was gonna take way too long and maybe ruin the housings)

Anyway, I marked the height of the cutoff of the OEM lights on the wall before I took them off but when I installed the new one it was aimed a good 2 ft. below where it should be! (From 20 ft. away)
I tried the adjustment screw but that only raised it a couple inches... Any ideas? Little tricks to fix it? or are these just garbage housings and I need to get different ones?
- Sorry in advance for no pictures...I'll remember to take some when I try again.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
You might pull them and try reinstalling them to make sure they are seated correctly. I had a similar problem when I changed the bulbs in my truck.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
The housing. It wouldn't hurt to check to see if the bulbs are seated properly while you're at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The housing. It wouldn't hurt to check to see if the bulbs are seated properly while you're at it.
Ok, well I'll try that again maybe. I took it out and put it back a few times but maybe I was doing something wrong. Then again, when I put the original back in it didn't have a problem, so I don't know.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,532 Posts
The new lights might have been assembled with the reflector buckets lower than normal relative to the zx axis of the housing. I had some similar issues when I did my retrofit so I had to shim the housings.

Your lights should drop 2" over 25 ft. If you can make that target work then you're good. If you haven't leveled your truck yet, that would also fix it :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.