DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have read the threads about customizing an existing dual or quad headlight halogen assemblies to projector and really don't want to chance messing them up (when i was younger I would have done it-lol).

What I really want to do is change my current dual halogen to quad projectors on my RAM 2500 SLT.

Are complete replacement assemblies available (plug and play)? Recently I have seen what looks like factory quads on a few RAM 3500's and they look like just what I'd want to install. Are there any after market available? Are quad or dual projector assemblies available from a Dodge dealer to replace my halogen duals?

Sure do value the input from all of you - it has been very helpful.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
290 Posts
I haven't seen any factory projector headlights for the rams. But from what I've seen if you go with projector style headlight you will want to upgrade to HID. The output beam of the projector is too narrow for halogen to work properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting about the projector vs the HID - guess I am getting them confused and thought they were the same. Now I just don't know what to do to get brighter and better coverage than my stock dual halogen headlights.
Ron

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
55W HIDs from Retro-solutions! Even without projectors the lighting is Amazing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I'm going to go with Retro Shop - Jeremy's solution using the 55W 4300 Digital Kit. Although pricy, sure seems to be the solution I have been looking for.

Would you suggest I have the dealer aim my current headlights before replacing the cores with the retros? They will do the re-aiming at no cost to me.

Thanks - Ron

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
In my experience, I had to adjust the lights considerably after putting in the HIDs even though they were well aimed prior to install.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Looks like I'm going to go with Retro Shop - Jeremy's solution using the 55W 4300 Digital Kit. Although pricy, sure seems to be the solution I have been looking for.

Would you suggest I have the dealer aim my current headlights before replacing the cores with the retros? They will do the re-aiming at no cost to me.

Thanks - Ron
If your replacing why would you re aim them and are you getting new headlights from jj with or with out projectors if you get the projectors the hole you use to adjust stock headlights wont work anymore

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Putting hid's in stock headlights gives you way to much scatter hence the flashing of oncoming cars projectors and hid's = win win
I haven't been flashed yet :4-dontknow:

I dont understand why the stock housing would give more scatter than any other bulb. It's just more light, the reflector is the same so the pattern is the same. Although it does make sense that projectors would be more focused

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, this will be interesting. . . . I'll be sending my duals to Retro after Easter and should get them back the following week sometime. I'll be learning by doing and post my results! Sure am hoping it all goes well!
Ron

·
Registered
478 Posts
2013 rams will feature STOCK projector beams.. Check it out !..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have been through the whole gambit of lighting options, due to the fact that the lights on my Ram were so bad I have used the ultra-stars (it got ok), I bought the HID kit (amazing light it just blinded everyone...I will explain), and finally I bought the Projectors from Recon! The problem with just putting HIDs in the factory socket is that even though it will refelct off the factory housing they are designed to work specifically with a projector housing. That is why everywhere I went ppl would bright light me! One guy in front of me stopped and make me go around I was so bright... I went with the recon because even though they were more expensive they were designed by a company that caters to trucks. The specs that I looked at, they were just made better and I was able to talk at length to a tech guys and he answered all my questions without fail. At first I went with the xeion bulbs, but found that the HIDs once put into a projector housing are perfect. Hope this helps! Took alot of research but it pays off...BTW Recon gives you all the harnesses and jumpers to work with your truck as well, the only thing you have to splice in is the LEDs and Halos...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts